Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Yep the Lions and Suns bleed them. I reckon with the Lions will be a done deal. The Suns the player has committed pay up now.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard we aren't playing nice.
We have told Brisbane & GC will bid on Ashcroft & Lombardy if they don't accept our offers.
About f time. Take no prisoners, we need minimum 7 1st rounders.
2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
F/s trade for points x1 minimum
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks
Thats nothing new we have a reputation for bidding on players we consider the best ranked player at our pick .
A lot would argue Ashcroft is the #1 pick.
The risk in bidding on him if he is not our #1 choice is Brisbane take someone else and we have a #1 pick who doesn't really want to be there. They then get him back in two years time when his contract runs out and we have wasted two years.

Thats nothing new we have a reputation for bidding on players we consider the best ranked player at our pick .
The risk in bidding on him if he is not our #1 choice is Brisbane take someone else and we have a #1 pick who doesn't really want to be there. They then get him back in two years time when his contract runs out and we have wasted two years.
Yes it’s always a risk. But the lad is from Melbourne isn’t he? Family in Melbourne/area?

I think they have 3 years for first round picks.

Yep the Lions and Suns bleed them. I reckon with the Lions will be a done deal. The Suns the player has committed pay up now.
Other clubs will be keen to get their hands on brissies pick 14 as it stands. They neen 1600 points if a bid comes at pick one.

The suns have 5500 points and are in a similar position to us in upgrading picks.

Deal in good faith and get fair and equitable deals done that benfit both parties.

Reactions: 1 users
If we get a 1st for Baker I would put on my wife’s underwear and prance around the MCG grand final day
People have been saying including the media that baker is worth somewhere around 15 thru 20.
Hawks have pick 12. wce get that for Barrass. we then trade baker and 21 or a similar pick for pick 12 would you be happy with that?

• Dislike
Pretty sure Lions will want Ashcroft

It would be staggering if they didn’t.
Yep. More than happy to have him at pick 1 if Brisvegas hesitate.
Kid starts out on a 3 year deal n if he still wants to go play with big brother at Brisvegas after that, we simply ream them big time at the trade table.

Could maybe even get big brother to come play for us if Brisvegas are on the slide after winning no flags n we're starting our climb back up, he could be a perfect trade in to launch us back toward contention.

Yep. More than happy to have him at pick 1 if Brisvegas hesitate.
Kid starts out on a 3 year deal n if he still wants to go play with big brother at Brisvegas after that, we simply ream them big time at the trade table.

Could maybe even get big brother to come play for us if Brisvegas are on the slide after winning no flags n we're starting our climb back up, he could be a perfect trade in to launch us back toward contention.
Apart from anything else the kid has nominated Brisbane as a father son, his brother is there and they have flown him up to play in their vfl team.
100% certain they match a bid no matter where it happens but the way these things work you can bet your left appendage that if we do a deal for their first rounder we won’t be bidding on him at number 1 🙂
( hopefully you will still have your right one as back up!)

Reactions: 3 users
Just out of interest, what offer have we proposed to Brisbane in order for us not to bid on Ashcroft?
Stick your hands up
This is Draft pick robbery
Give us all your picks
Put them in the bag NOW
Otherwise he is coming with us.
Don't do anything stupid, stupid

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users