Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Don’t see the point of paying his wage for him to play at Suns, if we’re paying his wage he should be playing for us.
We want kids.
Regardless who pays his contract, the AFL rules are you must use 94.5% of your cap regardless if your a top team or wooden Spooner.
Why not offer up his wage if they could handball over another pick??
It's good business

Reactions: 10 users
We want kids.
Regardless who pays his contract, the AFL rules are you must use 94.5% of your cap regardless if your a top team or wooden Spooner.
It's good business
If they gave us pick 6 and 13, and we had to pay a portion of his salary the next two years, I'd consider it.

Reactions: 10 users
I am suggesting that the club is behind this.
We can match by.holding him to the contract but are choosing not to.
Assuming the trade is agreed.
Its the same for the other 3.
Club instigated?
Pretty much.

So I'm disappointed that he's going but dont see that he is skipping out on us.
He goes with the club's blessing.
No I don't think he's leaving with the club's blessing but what can you do, players have the upper hand these days? Renege on contracts, upcoming free agent qualification as a noose above the head. May as well play ball, play hard and see how much GC really want him.

Reactions: 1 user
We want kids.
It's good business
May as well. We are really going to struggle getting to that percentage next year unless we start giving players undeserved excessive deals. We can make advantage of this, the only thing with caps going up is how much do other clubs need the wage tab picked up? I understand GC have reigned in theirs after being in a bit of trouble a couple of years ago.

Reactions: 2 users
We want kids.
It's good business
For at least 2 years or so if it got us another very good pick.

Reactions: 1 users
No I don't think he's leaving with the club's blessing but what can you do, players have the upper hand these days? Renege on contracts, upcoming free agent qualification as a noose above the head. May as well play ball, play hard and see how much GC really want him.
The reaction of the club has been consistent for all 4 players.
We love you, want you to stay and will accept if you go.

Plus reports that theyve been told they can leave if they want.

But as Shai's manager put it - the trade has to be good for RFC.
Its the same for all 4.

With the consistent messaging from the players it indicates the club have this as a strategy. No one will be punted* or forced to move clubs. But we will release contracts if its a good deal.
So yeah i think its a strategy. Too many going with the same setup.

*obvs we'll still cut the duds

Reactions: 5 users
I have no issue with paying 50% of Rioli salary for 2 years for pick #7 + #16 but for only #7 no payment

Shai Bolton is worth more than #10 + #11 every day of the week , These picks dont get you pick #3
So no way am i paying his salary for these picks i would rather hold shai to his 4 year contract and Freo has been sniffing his ass and whispering in his ear all year and they are desperate for Shai as he is their missing piece. They need Shai more than we need 10+11

If they want salary paid then they cough up F1 and freo will be desperate for Shai and Cap space

Cap space buys picks as of next year

Reactions: 4 users
I heard we aren't playing nice.
We have told Brisbane & GC will bid on Ashcroft & Lombardy if they don't accept our offers.
About f time. Take no prisoners, we need minimum 7 1st rounders.
2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
F/s trade for points x1 minimum
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
We have told Brisbane & GC will bid on Ashcroft & Lombardy if they don't accept our offers.
2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks
Hope your mail is correct, zips. We’ve been Mr Nice Guy when it comes to trading. Need to take a leaf out of Alice Cooper’s book.

Reactions: 6 users
2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks
Excellent news

Reactions: 1 user
2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks
Just out of interest, what offer have we proposed to Brisbane in order for us not to bid on Ashcroft?

Or pay a large chunk of his wage. That was always going to come into it with both Dan and Shai.
I actually think with it being such an even draft up to around pick 30 then both those clubs would be keen to get back into the draft in that range.
It could be we do both or neither.

2 x Roili
2 x Bolton
1 x Baker
And Ours.

=7 1st round picks
If we get a 1st for Baker I would put on my wife’s underwear and prance around the MCG grand final day

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users