Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

There is. it's "old *smile*"

I'll take it.

what is it you think influencers contribute to society?

(note, I dont hate influencers any more or less than I hate real estate agents or poker machines)

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
I'll take it.

what is it you think influencers contribute to society?

(note, I dont hate influencers any more or less than I hate real estate agents or poker machines)

What makes you think I like, admire or even understand how influencers work?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
What makes you think I like, admire or even understand how influencers work?

fair enough.

Back on Danny, I hope him and his fiancé are very happy and have 12 sons

and GCS dont finish higher than 12th for his entire contract and they fold,

and we take sam lalor at 6 and joeBerry at 13,

and they win 10 premierships, a Coleman medal, 3 brownlows and 5 norm smiths between em

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Not sure all this focus on Dan's partner, she's not even an influencer, she may get paid endorsements but she actually has a proper career as a DJ.

Sure Dan has said he'd like to go, but if GC don't pony up Pick 6, I don't see how or why we accept the deal. They have come at him with a big fat contract, now they need to pony up the picks, not some mid teens picks that will slide or even that pick 20, that will slide even further.

If they don't, then I suspect we will hold Dan to his contract. He's an uber professional, he won't throw his toys out of his pram IMO, and will continue to put in 100% for this club in 2025 if it doesn't work out, but I think if we hold firm, they will pay the Pick 6 and move on.

Reactions: 9 users
contrasting Danny to dion is interesting

Dion was 24, Danny is 27

Dion had 1 year to run (edit, or was he OOC?) , Danny has 3.

Dion had never experienced anything remotely successful, Danny has 3 premierships

Dion came (and stayed) injury prone (played 95/132 = 71%), Danny is very durable (played 183/200 = 91%)

interestingly, Dion stayed almost identically injury prone (played 73% of games at tigerland), so its reasonable to extrapolate Danny will stay durable and play 90%+ in shitsville

Objectively Pick 6 is probably about right, but I think we should tell GC to jam it.

(you could mount a strong case we paid big unders for Dion 🤫)

6 and 13.

6 is the face value, 13 is the premium for the cultural capital, premiership experience, AFL subsidies, and contract length

(I've deducted pick 20 based on age - this offer will not last)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
if we end up with Lalor/Berry & they turn out as touted for Rioli, all the emotional vitriol will be forgotten & forgiven soon enough.

Yep, have mentioned previously on various forums (as others have as well). It’s picks 6 AND 13. Otherwise, no deal

Reactions: 5 users
contrasting Danny to dion is interesting

Dion was 24, Danny is 27

Dion had 1 year to run, Danny has 3.

Dion had never experienced anything remotely successful, Danny has 3 premierships

Objectively Pick 6 is probably about right, but I think we should tell GC to jam it.

6 and 13.

6 is the face value, 13 is the premium for the cultural capital, premiership experience, AFL subsidies, and contract length

Dion was out of contract when we got him i'm pretty sure.

6 and 13.

Add in the extra pick 13 as a Hardwick tax. You know how we paid him out his contract and then - like a rat up a drainpipe he was off to the Suns.

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn't want any of 'em Tman.

Rowell is like Tarranto, Anderson is a bit downhill and Flanders has been fringe in a *smile* side for a few years.

lets have 6 and 13 and build our own midfield
Fair enough eZyT, Flanders has just turned 23 and had somewhat of a breakout season, he averaged 31 possessions, I reckon he uses it pretty well by foot.
Be good to snare someone that Hardwick doesn’t want to lose.

The players that are leaving are giving off an I don’t give a stuff what happens to the club as long as I get what I want vibe. They’re entitled to, it is a business after all, but it hurts.
I have an awful feeling that GC will offer pick 20 and we’ll say where do we sign?

• Dislike
  • Wow
I wouldn't want any of 'em Tman.

Rowell is like Tarranto, Anderson is a bit downhill and Flanders has been fringe in a *smile* side for a few years.

lets have 6 and 13 and build our own midfield

rowell is like tarranto except..

hes a freakin bull who hasnt seen a tackle he cant break, a clearance king @ 7 per game
he also sticks 8 tackles per game breaking the afl record last year

after shoulder surgery more ferocious than ever, thrives on contact
@23 disposals he is the standard.

Reactions: 3 users
The best thing Rioli's manager could do for Daniel right now is what Shai's said.
If the deal can't get done in Richmond's favour, I'm happy* to stay.
I'd be very surprised if a deal doesn't get done
GC have courted DR for at least 6 months, softened the ground through leaks for the past month and had DR voice for change publicly. They're obliged to get it done and suspect they will pay handsomely (a prince's ransom?) to get it done.

Reactions: 4 users