Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

This is what I don’t understand. For the life of me, I don’t see the appeal. I get that he is close with Dimma. He lived with him when he started his career.

But at the Suns, he won’t be able to:
- Play with his uncle.,
- Play in front of decent crowds
- Play at the MCG
- Play in the Dreamtime game
- Play deep into September at such a plastic, loser club
- Be a one club player

I miss claw :love:
He's done all that now, I guess now it's time for him to get paid.

The only thing is he won't be a one club player, guess that doesn't mean that much to him.

The references to Dan's partner taking or sharing the blame for his defection really aren't on. Is it because she's successful in her own right and has a high profile? Do we credit Broad's partner for him knocking back more lucrative offers and staying with RFC?

Let's stop the knuckle dragging misogynistic comments. This is 100% on Dan and no one else, no matter how hard it is to admit that the Prince wants to abandon us.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
We don’t need to match any offer , he is contracted , not a free agent so it’s moot , club feels we are rebuilding
We could hold him to the contract. Thats what i am saying. But we've chosen not to

Reactions: 1 user
They have infiltrated PRE like those death eaters in Harry Potter.

There's no infiltration. They've always been here. Most cowardly hiding in cupboards waiting for when it was safe to come out again, some trying to pretend they're really Brightsiders, but they were always here.

Reactions: 3 users
Given they are in the prime of their career and given their track record as well as Shai being on over 1million and the reports are Judas Rioli has been offered similar, if they were free agents we would receive start of first round picks for them both, meaning we would have selections 1, 2 and 3 in the draft this year.

That's what we need to receive or selections of that value. That's Freo's picks 9 & 10 and GCs 6 & 13.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
if they were free agents we would receive start of first round picks for them both, meaning we would have selections 1, 2 and 3 in the draft this year.

Huh? You're forgetting the Richmond Tax when calculating PSD comp picks. There is no way, ever, the AFL would ever give us 2 beginning first round picks for the two boys. The "formula" they use to decide the picks is secret, hence easily adjusted to deliver the outcome the AFL want.

Danny's fiancé is a Sydney-reared Tik-Tok star.

without passing any judgement on anyone, our laying any blame,

I reckon she is more likely to thrive in Surfers Paradise,

than a kid from Tiwi?

GC is nice to escape Melbourne and lay on the beach for a fortnight in July.

But it is a cultural cesspit (yeah ok, im passing judgements)

and I honestly dont think you could get culturally further from Tiwi without flying to Nevada.

No sporting team on the GC has had any success: Brisbane bears, titans, seagulls, GC United, GC Rollers, Indy 500, GC Suns.

Its a high performance graveyard, and you have to ask why?
EZY I have a friend who's son married an "influencer". They have moved to the Gold Coast as well.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Do we credit Broad's partner for him knocking back more lucrative offers and staying with RFC?

yes.

I do see the blame-the-misses is fraught, but

I dont think the adage Happy Wife: Happy Life is misogynist?

I think it's kind of the opposite.

I could be wrong?

yes.

I dont think the adage Happy Wife: Happy Life is misogynist?

I think it's kind of the opposite.

I could be wrong?

I think trying to blame Dan's partner for his decision to leave RFC is misogynistic and wrong.

I am really dissapointed in Dan and Shai. They are both wanting to walk out on long term contracts when things got hard after having success early in their careers.

It's not the behaviour of great Richmond men like Jack, Cotch, Dusty, Shedda and Broady. I am even more dissapointed in Dan as at least Shai has the family excuse.

We must extract fair compensation or hold them to their contracts. Especially Dimma and the Suns.

Reactions: 5 users
Some rightfully suggesting that it’s a business now and the GC offer to Dan is too good to refuse.

It is a business now and Richmond holds a contract that says Dan will be there for a few more years. We are absolutely entitled to enforce that contract should we wish.

As for him working hard this year, well yeah that’s why he gets paid the big bucks. Endeavour and work ethic are an expected component of any contract not some get out clause. You’re contracted but hey you worked hard this year so you’re free to go! I don’t think so.

Reactions: 4 users
True. But these days, as a professional footballer, loyalty doesn't pay the bills especially for someone like Daniel who may only have football for his earning potential.
He’s not on the poverty line you know.

Richmond pay him very well for his services. So well that he was happy to sign a 5 year deal. Our performance has changed and now he wants out.

I don’t feel sorry for poor old Dan I feel cheated by him.

Some rightfully suggesting that it’s a business now and the GC offer to Dan is too good to refuse.

It is a business now and Richmond holds a contract that says Dan will be there for a few more years. We are absolutely entitled to enforce that contract should we wish.

As for him working hard this year, well yeah that’s why he gets paid the big bucks. Endeavour and work ethic are an expected component of any contract not some get out clause. You’re contracted but hey you worked hard this year so you’re free to go! I don’t think so.
Correct.
It is Daniels contract that is for sale. Should we wish to sell it.
It is a contract under law. Not the AFL.
Under no circumstances should we to let Rioli go unless we are fairly compensated - we hold the contract and it should be expensive to obtain our release.

Reactions: 1 users
We are absolutely entitled to enforce that contract should we wish.

As for him working hard this year, well yeah that’s why he gets paid the big bucks.

All true and I'm sure Blair and co and running through the scenarios. Do we trade now in a climate where we are already rebuilding and Dan is under a long term contract, or do we enforce the contract only for Dan to leave when we don't hold the upper hand AND Tasmania are starting their drafting and recruiting.

The best thing for the club long term might be to extract the max value of Dan today.

“It’s awesome, I am basically a Tiger for life now and I would not want to be anywhere else,” Rioli said.

Never seen anything like this from a Richmond player. Shai at least has a family reason.
Despite Premiership heroics I expect Dan's popularity to soon go the same way as his fmr coach with Richmond supporters.

• Angry
The references to Dan's partner taking or sharing the blame for his defection really aren't on. Is it because she's successful in her own right and has a high profile? Do we credit Broad's partner for him knocking back more lucrative offers and staying with RFC?

Let's stop the knuckle dragging misogynistic comments. This is 100% on Dan and no one else, no matter how hard it is to admit that the Prince wants to abandon us.
Agree, extraordinary blaming shifting with zero factual evidence to defend a PRE "Prince".