Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

All true and I'm sure Blair and co and running through the scenarios. Do we trade now in a climate where we are already rebuilding and Dan is under a long term contract, or do we enforce the contract only for Dan to leave when we don't hold the upper hand AND Tasmania are starting their drafting and recruiting.

The best thing for the club long term might be to extract the max value of Dan today.
I agree Baloo. I fully expect the club to do the deal but ONLY if we get what we want. No compromise.

GC have no bargaining chips in this negotiation. Rioli is contracted, he’s in the prime of his career, they have offered him a very good contract AND most importantly, they have committed to him. They are obliged to make it happen. We have no such obligation so it’s time to pony up GS

Reactions: 7 users
“It’s awesome, I am basically a Tiger for life now and I would not want to be anywhere else,” Rioli said.

Never seen anything like this from a Richmond player. Shai at least has a family reason.
Despite Premiership heroics I expect Dan's popularity to soon go the same way as his fmr coach with Richmond supporters.

Dan's at risk of becoming the next Higgins if he's not seen to be trying to extract the highest possible deal for RFC.

Reactions: 2 users
Never really warmed to Rioli. If his name was Smith where would he be? Overrated. But having said that, he is a superstar and is worth 3 top 10 draft picks.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Never really warmed to Rioli. If his name was Smith where would he be? Overrated. But having said that, he is a superstar and is worth 3 top 10 draft picks.

yeah, I never thought shai, JG and bakes seem very tigerish either,

right from the outset.

I think trying to blame Dan's partner for his decision to leave RFC is misogynistic and wrong.
Blame is the wrong term. When a couple moves interstate it is of course far better if both are happy with the move.
The Gold Coast is certainly a place where a lot of the social media influencers are going. There is also a film studio industry there and that is part of the reason I am told.

I don’t know much about Dan’s partner apart from the odd snippet but you would assume she is supportive of the move if that is the industry she is in.

Reactions: 1 users
Love Daniel Rioli - his running, chasing and energy when he came into the side as an 18 year old transformed the way we played. It was infectious and his more senior teammates followed and the results were glorious. Remember watching his early games in 2016 thinking geez this kid stands out amongst a team of statues. Things only happened when he got near the ball and created some chaos and dare. Rioli always busted a gut and played a massive role in kick starting our dynasty, however the dynasty is over now and we need some early draft picks to kick start the next one. Good luck Daniel at the GC (if you end up there) and you will forever be a tiger legend.

Reactions: 7 users
Very sad to see Daniel go. Premiership hero and a rare skillful player in our current line up.

But the rebuild has commenced and we need to look forward, not back. His contract gives us the best chance to maximise his departure.

Unfortunately footy is 100% heart for supporters and we will all be heartbroken and feel like a jilted lover.

Reactions: 5 users
You're thinking basically of this scenario only. There's also the scenario like Baker. He can nominate a club, as he's out of contract, and we are then at a point of severe weakness. That club has the upper hand in trade which it could exploit if it wanted. Think Essendon or Freo. If we don't facilitate the trade, that player can walk into the PSD at their risk, with no compensation for us.
There's no scenario where the club can protect itself here.
As for historically what happened for 100 years, so what. Doesn't make an imbalanced world now, right.
My view with a Baker type is that he's un-contracted so therefore he should be able to do whatever the *smile* he wants where he wants. Don't agree in any way shape or form that a club has any hold or should somehow receive any reward / refund because a contract has reached it's completion. So there is still an imbalance in the favour of clubs now though not as much as there has been over history.

Blame is the wrong term. When a couple moves interstate it is of course far better if both are happy with the move.

There's certainly been some posts where blame was being put on his partner. But most trades, especially interstate ones, will have the same scenario where a partner would need to be supportive of the move before it's requested.

But it seems that because Dan's partner is a high profile influencer, she's being used as an excuse by some to make sense of Dan's desire to leave us.

The references to Dan's partner taking or sharing the blame for his defection really aren't on. Is it because she's successful in her own right and has a high profile? Do we credit Broad's partner for him knocking back more lucrative offers and staying with RFC?

Let's stop the knuckle dragging misogynistic comments. This is 100% on Dan and no one else, no matter how hard it is to admit that the Prince wants to abandon us.
But, but, but. I'm a knuckle dragging old misogynist. How the *smile* am I gunna get to say anything if I have to STFU n can't comment on behalf of the rest of the knuckle draggers?

But, but, but. I'm a knuckle dragging old misogynist. How the *smile* am I gunna get to say anything if I have to STFU n can't comment on behalf of the rest of the knuckle draggers?

Ah, you're a Knuckle Dragger Card Holder, you're fine

Reactions: 1 user
How about a trade involving the likes of a Rowell, Anderson or Flanders.

I wouldn't want any of 'em Tman.

Rowell is like Tarranto, Anderson is a bit downhill and Flanders has been fringe in a *smile* side for a few years.

lets have 6 and 13 and build our own midfield

Reactions: 8 users
There's certainly been some posts where blame was being put on his partner. But most trades, especially interstate ones, will have the same scenario where a partner would need to be supportive of the move before it's requested.

But it seems that because Dan's partner is a high profile influencer, she's being used as an excuse by some to make sense of Dan's desire to leave us.

if there's a word like misogyny, racism, homophobic, trans-phobic, anti-semetic

for social media influencer-hating

✋

to be fair, it appears Dannys fiancé actually produces music,

whereas most influencers contribute absolute nothing, to anything

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user