Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Rioli was drafted in 2015. Literally had 1 year of tough times. It’s been all gravy since then. Now when it’s time to stick fat and help the club they bail. Weak. Zero leadership.

Lynch and Prestia spent 8 years at Gold Coast through tough times. They did their time with no success.
So Rioli is just doing it in reverse…..with all the real crap yet to come for him.

Disappointed in Dan and even more indignation for Hunwick.

Did Dan snatch it because the club possibly put Shai on the table if some rumors are at all factual.
Shai wasn't put on the table in April, if at all. I'd say no.

Not necessarily. You've got a bunch of millenials who have only experienced success and have no appreciation for doing the hard yards to get there. They've walked in to a Dusty/Cotch/Jack/Rance era and haven't had to work that hard themselves. All of a sudden, the success is gone, the stars doing the heavy lifting are gone and they have a new coach who is demanding more of them as a result
So they are prissy sooks then ? ;)

Rioli was drafted in 2015. Literally had 1 year of tough times. It’s been all gravy since then. Now when it’s time to stick fat and help the club they bail. Weak. Zero leadership.

Lynch and Prestia spent 8 years at Gold Coast through tough times. They did their time with no success.
Spot on.

Was a lot of love for our retirees & potentially departing players on Saturday.

But now that it’s offical he wants out & probably more to come the love will rightfully turn.

I was watching him & Baker etc watching the 3 legends get their deserving send offs thinking you could have had this one day.

Reactions: 4 users

Fair point

Reactions: 1 user
Club is probably secretly ok with this. Strong draft this year, suns have good picks that they are willing to part with, 2 drafts before tassie come in, and Rioli is contracted. As most of the media have stated - the time is right.

Normally u would refuse and hold player to contact but this can be a real win win.

Reactions: 3 users
Have to think that vacuous influencer partner of his wants the glam GC lifestyle.
Don’t pass the buck and blame the woman. It’s Dan call. To blame her is horrendous form.

Seen others blame the AFL or Gold Coast or Dimma but it’s Daniels call.

So this.

Reactions: 11 users
Spot on.

Was a lot of love for our retirees & potentially departing players on Saturday.

But now that it’s offical he wants out & probably more to come the love will rightfully turn.

I was watching him & Baker etc watching the 3 legends get their deserving send offs thinking you could have had this one day.
All our departing legends over the past two seasons or so, Edwards, Riewoldt, Cotchin and of course the latest three stuck with us in the bad times and enjoyed the good. They showed loyalty to our club and did all they could to make it better so they deserve all the plaudits they get / got. Those who want to leave the club for whatever reason or because we are currently down will not be remembered in the same way nor should they be.

Reactions: 2 users
Did Dan snatch it because the club possibly put Shai on the table if some rumors are at all factual.
Freo were chasing Bolton big time in 21 when a new contract was being negotiated. Been in his ear ever since. So I think Tigers instigating putting him on the table is a bit rich.

Reactions: 1 users
All our departing legends over the past two seasons or so, Edwards, Riewoldt, Cotchin and of course the latest three stuck with us in the bad times and enjoyed the good. They showed loyalty to our club and did all they could to make it better so they deserve all the plaudits they get / got. Those who want to leave the club for whatever reason or because we are currently down will not be remembered in the same way nor should they be.
Some legacy's have been and will be slightly tarnished for a few, Hardwick especially as the rot started with him.

I dont hink he was honest with Gale and really should've left in 2022 allowing Kingsley to take the reigns which wouldve negated to a degree what is happening now as familiarity and commonality wpuld have been retained.

I think Gale was pissed AF when Hunwick snatched it and walked the way he diid already knowing full well he was coaching the Suns in 2024 and just wanted to break and get away for his holiday to refresh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Looking forward to Maurice nailing him in a run down tackle next season.

Hugely disappointed in Dan. Bailing on a contract for no apparent good reason other than the side is struggling is poor form

Reactions: 5 users
Looking forward to Maurice nailing him in a run down tackle next season.

Hugely disappointed in Dan. Bailing on a contract for no apparent good reason other than the side is struggling is poor form
And his missus probably wants to hang out at the Candymans place ...... if he is even still around.

Somethings rotten in Denmark to precipitate this player unrest / movement imo.
Not really. Shai wants to go home for family reasons, Dan’s been lured by money and quite possibly his gf’s preferences. Bakes always wanted to keep his options open and our dreadful performance this season would have only firmed his resolve to return to WA. Graham, we probably would have shopped him around anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
As previously mentioned I respect Dan's decision.
It's a business at the end of the day.

But I wonder what Jack and Cotch would be thinking.

I remember Jack saying that after 2016 when it looked like we were done he and Cotch sat down and wondered what they could do to make sure someone like Daniel Rioli would someday experience success.

Also the fact that he was meeting with them as early as April is a bit average.
Season was 6 weeks old.

Reactions: 7 users
As previously mentioned I respect Dan's decision.
It's a business at the end of the day.

But I wonder what Jack and Cotch would be thinking.

I remember Jack saying that after 2016 when it looked like we were done he and Cotch sat down and wondered what they could do to make sure someone like Daniel Rioli would someday experience success.

Also the fact that he was meeting with them as early as April is a bit average.
Season was 6 weeks old.
And Dusty? How many offers did he turn down?

Some legacy's have been and will be slightly tarnished for a few, Hardwick especially as the rot started with him.

I dont hink he was honest with Gale and really should've left in 2022 allowing Kingsley to take the reigns which wouldve negated to a degree what is happening now as familiarity and commonality wpuld have been retained.

I think Gale was pissed AF when Hunwick snatched it and walked the way he diid already knowing full well he was coaching the Suns in 2024 and just wanted to break and get away for his holiday to refresh.
He should have gone after 2021.
The club were hamstrung after his meandering ways.

Reactions: 1 users
1000021719.jpg

I reckon Rioli, like others, had a very different plan for this year than what eventuated.

This is the risk of being a basket case club.

Reactions: 3 users
Hell hath no fury like a Richmond supporter scorned. Jeepers creepers, some of the comments are way OTT. Be a few spewing now that wanted him traded prior to his backline move.

Disappointed he wants to leave but so be it. We will get a decent return for him. Who can forget his performance in the 2017 Prelim? 3 x premiership Richmond champ. Hope he does well, just not against us.

Reactions: 10 users
Daniel hasn’t got a media career in front of him. He has to take the best offer to make hay while the sun shines.
He is a quality kid who has fallen in love.
He’s just one rock in an off and on field avalanche.
He’s done his job for the Tiges as a triple premiership FORWARD.
Much harder to dislike Daniel compared to Dimma.

Reactions: 2 users