Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

play hardball Tiges - go hard against the plastic self important sunshine half club

if they are "expecting pick 6 to get it done" ? screw them ...
I'm upset now that it's official.

After that KHunt situation, who would've thought that we become their Big Mac feeder club. Hope Dimma fails even more now.

Reactions: 7 users
Tell them he's contracted and required.

Tell Daniel he's contracted and a required player.

Don't answer their calls.

GC committed to him now so they have to get a deal done.

Make them *smile* scared the deal won't get done unless they come with a godfather offer.

Hartley's biggest test to see if he is ruthless or a pushover.

It's a straight out no to pick 6.

Reactions: 10 users
I suppose Danny will have to coach himself,

cause Dimma's all out of sausage recipes?

might have to have his own huddle of one?

quite devastated that a Rioli will pull on that poxy red jumper and become part of their bankrupt culture.

:vomit

6 and 13

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
We will hold firm on Pick 6 I reckon. We can give them later picks in either 2024 or 2025.

In reality he's probably worth Pick 6 by itself, but if we can get 13 through a pick trade as part of it, then it makes sense.

Would we do 6, 13 and 46 for Rioli, 29 and WC's F2 (which we get as part of the Baker trade), its around about Pick 5 in pick value. We then guarantee no bids on Lombard with any of our picks inside say 10.
The fact he is contracted means we hold all the cards. 6 & 13 for Rioli and 29 is ok but not anything more back to them, especially early future picks.

Reactions: 3 users
Love Dan and respect his decision.
Gagf Dimma though
Respect his decision?

Why?

Didnt realise he had family in the GC.

Weak as *smile*. Just chasing the $$$$ when it all gets too tough for them.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Of all the players, this one makes me queezy. If Daniel, a Rioli, can say "yes" to leaving the Tiges, loyalty is dead.

Reactions: 13 users
Even the media were all over this months ago. I doubt this has come as a shock to the Club. Assume preliminary discussions have already been held. Daniel has been terrific for us. He won’t be playing by the time we may ina window to challenge again. Hopefully a win/win deal tha is done quickly to permit time to concentrate the other trades of Bolton and Baker.

Reactions: 4 users
That’s what he said when he signed the contract. This is part of the problem with winning the flags. They’ve accomplished the ultimate. If Shai and Rioli never play in another GF team they’ve still got 5 between them. It may also be the this isn’t really the side these 2 guys played with. Dan started in 2016, Shai in 2017. The band is breaking up.

If I loved the club and had won premierships I'd be at the club for life. I'm not going to move for success because I've already had it, yes he's undoubtedly going to get more at the Suns but he'd be well remunerated at The Tigers. Its just pretty sad when you see how loyal someone like Dusty has been.

Reactions: 6 users
Of all the players, this one makes me queezy. If Daniel, a Rioli, can say "yes" to leaving the Tiges, loyalty is dead.
Loyalty is an old word. Doesn't exist anymore. I remember seeing that video of Dan and also the Baker one. Sometimes you can clearly read between the lines when they speak and detect they're not 100% committed in seeing through the contract. Just makes Duz a greater person.

Reactions: 1 users
Gotta wonder what Hardwick has promised him. On the flip side very concerned why 2 contracted players on good deals and very well off are so keen to leave. Internal issues?

Reactions: 3 users
Gotta wonder what Hardwick has promised him. On the flip side very concerned why 2 contracted players on good deals and very well off are so keen to leave. Internal issues?

Unless it's just pure coincidence that we are having this many departures at once, this isn't a good look for either the club or Yze.

Reactions: 1 user
Does Dan not making the AA squad affect his trade value, for mine he is worth than just one first round pick.

Reactions: 1 user
I just don't get why we are so easy to deal with when it comes to Trades.
To maintain a great culture?
This Year our culture has blown up, just like the scores against us.

No more nice, Latte sipping guys!
Pay up for Dan you Gold Coast Ketchup CC's!
Or Fornicate off.

I think it's payback for us taking Caddyshack, The Human Meatball, and The Lynch Mob.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Respect his decision?

Why?

Didnt realise he had family in the GC.

Weak as *smile*. Just chasing the $$$$ when it all gets too tough for them.
As long as we are fairly compensated than it's a win win for both he and the club.

You're not going to boo him?
Surely not.

We did the same to them.
Does that make Prestia and Lynch weak as *smile*?

Players move.

Reactions: 6 users