Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Can’t believe people saying he is not worth at least 2 first round pick.
He will win the B&F, is contracted, played all games this year, has a good 6 years left in him.
He kicks goals what more do you want in a player?
Oh and has Been best afield in losing sides.
He is a star.
I would be asking for 3 picks.
Yet he's not rated for the AA squad, nor the Coaches award, doubt he'll rate well in the Brownlow count or any other outside rating system. We love him, yes he's had another bloody good season for us in a side that's been under siege in every facet of the game all year long. More than happy for the Sausage to stay a Tiger, but if he wants to move to Mold Coast and we get a top 10 pick for him. Take the money n run. Oh, and if we get two of the Frockers first round picks for Shai. Take the money and run even faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yet he's not rated for the AA squad, nor the Coaches award, doubt he'll rate well in the Brownlow count or any other outside rating system. We love him, yes he's had another bloody good season for us in a side that's been under siege in every facet of the game all year long. More than happy for the Sausage to stay a Tiger, but if he wants to move to Mold Coast and we get a top 10 pick for him. Take the money n run. Oh, and if we get two of the Frockers first round picks for Shai. Take the money and run even faster.
AA squad has little credibility unfortunately.

Not sure who the HBFs are in the squad but I assume Sinclair is there. Good player but he is the guy who mops up and chips the ball around, he is a different type of player to Dan who runs, breaks lines and takes metres. This is why the Suns want him, they need that run and carry from halfback.

Reactions: 4 users

Not sure who the HBFs are in the squad but I assume Sinclair is there. Good player but he is the guy who mops up and chips the ball around, he is a different type of player to Dan who runs, breaks lines and takes metres. This is why the Suns want him, they need that run and carry from halfback.
Yep. The guy who wants him knows exactly what Daniel has to offer and rates him as highly as we do. So he’ll pay.

Agree, sniper Zorko named..

Can’t believe people saying he is not worth at least 2 first round pick.

Bloody Caroline Wilson reckons he's not on Footy Classified last night.

What is it with theses so called Richmond supporters in the media, Ralphy and Carro, happy to minimize our draft hand :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Of all the players mentioned to be on the way out, Dan is the one that hurts the most. Would prefer he stays unless GCS make us an offer too good to refuse.

Reactions: 8 users
AA squad is just an opinion piece. Brownlow, wooden spoon teams never vote well and the majority of votes go to midfielders. Clubs don't look at any of that, they value a player on needs and as a contracted player I can't see just 1 pick at #6 sealing the deal. Will need to be a sweetener. I think (and hope) Rioli will stay. He's the only quality running backman we have atm.

Bloody Caroline Wilson reckons he's not on Footy Classified last night.

What is it with theses so called Richmond supporters in the media, Ralphy and Carro, happy to minimize our draft hand :rolleyes:
We'll give you pick #26 cause Caroline says that's all he's worth, ok? OK no problems.

I personally think Caroline should orchestrate all the deals during trade week.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
He’s only 27 got at least 4 years of footy left So not that old
I get that, but if I'm giving up a top 5-6, I'd expect to be giving up a 200 game player.

4-5 years of Dan is approx 100.

I get that, but if I'm giving up a top 5-6, I'd expect to be giving up a 200 game player.

Dans a proven player we all know his worth and it’s more than a solitary pick 6
There’s no guarantee one first pick (pick 6) will end up as good as Dan

Reactions: 1 user

The Suns would be thinking/hoping 4-5 years of Dan is 1-2 premierships.
And they have about 30 top 6 picks and will continue to get them so they dont need guys to play 200 games. They need guys who make a difference in the games they do play. Which DRioli does.

Of all the players mentioned to be on the way out, Dan is the one that hurts the most. Would prefer he stays unless GCS make us an offer too good to refuse.
yep exactly. happy for all the others to go, but would be great if daniel stays. he is so dynamic of HB, only a few in the whole AFL that can do what he does.
so to say hes not worth 2 first round picks, with one inside top 10 is ridiculous. easy 2 first round picks- pick 6 and 20, or id be keeping him. pay up or good luck to GC going and finding another dynamic HB like him.

Collingwood's running half back Noble has requested trade purportedly to Gold Coast.
Interesting given Rioli:unsure:

If they are getting the Prince why go the Pauper?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
John Noble requesting a trade to the Gold Coast is interesting.

First time I've thought that maybe, Dan isn't going.

Interesting development.

Reactions: 4 users