Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

5 and 20. All the evidence of what you get was there today and has been all year and you will get 3 more years of that at least. Or *smile* off.
GC do not have pick 5.

If Saints lose, GC end up with pick 8 due to likely Josh Battle free agency compo.

If Saints win, GC end up with pick 6.

GC do not have pick 5.

If Saints lose, GC end up with pick 8 due to likely Josh Battle free agency compo.

If Saints lose, they stay below GC and have pick 5 (before bids). GC pick 7.

If Saints win, they go above Suns on the ladder and GC have pick 6 (before bids). And Carlton miss finals.

Go Saints.

Reactions: 1 users
Should’ve pulled the trigger on him playing up the ground. Midfield/fwd. Wasted opportunity this year to see him in there imo.
With the plodders and the fumblers we've been playing midfield this year I'm amazed Yze hasn't given Rioli full midfield minutes. Clean, strong, fast, skillful, massive tank. Am I missing something? Pick 6 and 13 or GC can *smile* off.

Reactions: 7 users
I would look to rejig his contract.
If Shai goes we have the opening.
And then demand he leads the way for our cubs. Onfield and off field leader
He is the one who wants to leave, Bolton apprantly has said if a trade can't be reached he is prepared to stay.

GC do not have pick 5.

Josh battles offer from Hawthorn 6yrs at 750k dosent cut it.
No 1st round compo.
The Nerds on the AFL site have said it.

Reactions: 2 users
If Saints lose, they stay below GC and have pick 5 (before bids). GC pick 7.

If Saints win, they go above Suns on the ladder and GC have pick 6 (before bids). And Carlton miss finals.

Go Saints.
Carlton only miss finals if they lose to the Saints and Freo beat Port

Gold Coast currently have pick 6/13/20

Pick 13 is the Bulldogs 1st rounder they have but this pick will depend on where the Dogs finish in the finals series.

If GC want Rioli, we shouldn't be accepting anything less than their 1st 2 x picks

Reactions: 6 users
Gold Coast currently have pick 6/13/20

Pick 13 is the Bulldogs 1st rounder they have but this pick will depend on where the Dogs finish in the finals series.

If GC want Rioli, we shouldn't be accepting anything less than their 1st 2 x picks
Rioli gets Tigers 2 firsts regardless. If we take their first next year it keeps us in the pointy end with an extra pick next year or they can on trade it to climb higher in this years draft .

Getting another first for next year will be a handy result too.

Depends on the quality of next years crop and how the team view it.

If Lachie Scuuultz gets 2 firsts and Mav Weller gets 2 firsts then D Rioli in his Prime a triple premiership line breaking offensive weapon under a heavy contract gets 2 firsts.

F#@^ Hun wick and F@#$%^ the Huns both they and Freo will be bled heavily if they want our two stars.

Reactions: 4 users
Josh battles offer from Hawthorn 6yrs at 750k dosent cut it.
No 1st round compo.
The Nerds on the AFL site have said it.
With the fat salary cap increase for this year and future increases, they're talking about avge 900K per year contracts being required to get a premium first round compo pick. Bog standard good players don't get that kind of contract coz front loading a deal doesn't get accepted, it's entirety of contract

Reactions: 1 user
Daniel has been our best and most consistent player all year but media are saying GC pick 6 is sufficient for a trade
We need 2 first rounders for him nothing less
Pay up GC

Reactions: 3 users
Daniel has been our best and most consistent player all year but media are saying GC pick 6 is sufficient for a trade
Pay up GC
as much as we would like more id be surprised if we do. lots of wishful and unrealistic thinking here.

Pay up GC
I don't think we'll get two first rounders, if one is top 5-6, he's too old. Maybe two 10-20.

I'd be keeping him personally.

Reactions: 1 user
Can’t believe people saying he is not worth at least 2 first round pick.
He will win the B&F, is contracted, played all games this year, has a good 6 years left in him.
He kicks goals what more do you want in a player?
Oh and has Been best afield in losing sides.
He is a star.
I would be asking for 3 picks.

Reactions: 5 users
Has been our best player this season.
One of our few creative, pacy runners.
3 time Premiership player. Still only 27.
Uncle has just signed a new deal..
Why would he leave?

Can’t believe people saying he is not worth at least 2 first round pick.
He will win the B&F, is contracted, played all games this year, has a good 6 years left in him.
He kicks goals what more do you want in a player?
Oh and has Been best afield in losing sides.
He is a star.
I would be asking for 3 picks.
Agree with all that but his age would be the only thing that could go against all that.

But being contracted will certainly help

Has been our best player this season.
One of our few creative, pacy runners.
3 time Premiership player. Still only 27.
Uncle has just signed a new deal..
Why would he leave?
A Brandon Ellis offer from the suns

Last edited: