Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Surely after hearing the silence at the ground whenever the Suns did well Dan wouldn't want to play for a club with no fans.

Stay at Richmond Dan, play in front of big crowds and help us rebuild.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
He is contracted. But isnt it at solid half back rates? not necessarily the JDM and All Aus champion.
From the sounds of it the money offered is craycray ridiculous.
If he goes then its an offer too good to refuse

Reactions: 4 users
I'll be extremely unhappy if he goes.
Star player. Contracted for a long period. No family excuses.
There's just no reason for it.
Agree. It shouldn't be cash related either. Given state of our list we should be able to pay him plenty.

Reactions: 1 user
5 and 20. All the evidence of what you get was there today and has been all year and you will get 3 more years of that at least. Or *smile* off.

2 picks under 10 or flick off, or Mac Andrew and 5. Daniel kicked 4 in a preliminary final and will be a Jack Dyer Medallist this year. Pay up, required player

I would look to rejig his contract.
If Shai goes we have the opening.
And then demand he leads the way for our cubs. Onfield and off field leader

Couldn’t we make a deal on Rioli with the suns and on signing do a late minute sneaky switch and replace Dan with Short….. :peepwall
Paint him black ya reckon. Guess with Mick Jagga maybe coming around soon there'd be something poetic about it. I see a white Short and I want to paint him black, no snowflake any more I want him to turn black.

• Haha
One reason could be a lot of money. Another could be career change, or maybe even just lifestyle change. If he wants out, good luck, thanks for all the chocolates n see ya later. Supposedly been a professional industry for years now, yet some still think players should be under lock n chains coz we own them no matter what.

Same. Those with character hang around during the tough times.

And it ain’t about the money. Richmond has plenty.

Reactions: 2 users
No need to rejig the contract. He's contracted.

Why's he looking north? Dimma > Yze. More tangible finals prospects. Money is just the bait.

If Yze wants him, keep him. Play him on ball as mentioned at the start of the year. And re-establish a culture of success.

Reactions: 3 users