Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Be hard to see him leave! Just seems a tiger through & through

Bolton more of a match winner but Dan is much more consistent & as others have mentioned having a ripper of a season (Again)

Torn on him & Shai potentially leaving & can see the pro’s but there is definitely some cons

Reactions: 1 users
PRE knows I don’t rate our current midfield one but and that we need a huge injection of high end talent before Tassie looms large.

But

Rioli is the one. He’s the one I will be happy to keep.

The prospect of trading him just underlines how important it is to trade Bolton while he is peak value IMO.

Clearing trades for Baker, Bolton and Graham should in theory be enough.

But maybe Blair is going full shark eye. Which I kinda also like. Interesting times.

Agree. Just look at the effort he is putting in and tell me he wants to leave. Bolton and Baker look checked out to me. Daniel a tiger through and through and carries a Tiger name

Reactions: 2 users
Don't want to lose Rioli. Has been one of my favourite players over the recent successful journey.
But if he wants to leave for success elsewhere then it's time to get some return for him that enables RFC to set up for the future.
The Club doesn't need any previous premiership players that don't want to be part of the re-development of the team.
RFC needs hungy players, committed to the future cause.

Reactions: 4 users
Don't want to lose Rioli. Has been one of my favourite players over the recent successful journey.
But if he wants to leave for success elsewhere then it's time to get some return for him that enables RFC to set up for the future.
The Club doesn't need any previous premiership players that don't want to be part of the re-development of the team.
RFC needs hungy players, committed to the future cause.
One way to ensure he stays, is make him captain!

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Should’ve been playing midfield. The fact Yze hasn’t tried any positional changes in this write off year to find out what he has is a concern. Sits on his hands a bit.

If you believe AFL site its just about done. Sad, Richmond royalty, and a very very good player to boot. Make. Them. Pay.

Reactions: 4 users
If you believe AFL site its just about done. Sad, Richmond royalty, and a very very good player to boot. Make. Them. Pay.
Pretty sure the AFL site had Dusty in multiple jumpers that weren’t Richmond a number times throughout his illustrious career.

Reactions: 2 users
Rioli not for sale as far as I’m concerned. If they offer two top 5 picks, I’d think about it and still probably say ‘no’. Probably our only player with pace, skill and intensity.

Reactions: 5 users
No way. Can’t make blokes captain that are considering leaving. That’s *smile* weak. Baker included. Horrible take.
We don’t know he is even considering leaving at this stage. All paper talk.
May well be, may not.
With MRJ re-contracted, who knows?

Cal Twomey mentioned on gettable this afternoon that Dan Rioli will request a trade to Gold Coast in his exit meeting next week

Dimma thinks he can do some sausage massaging here.
sausage cooking GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
One way to ensure he stays, is make him captain!
If he stays and we make him capt. Endless opportunities to access more government funding for our Redeveloped indigenous inspired “sporting centre of excellence” the “Wurundjeri football academy” aka punt road oval

If he stays and we make him capt. Endless opportunities to access more government funding for our Redeveloped indigenous inspired “sporting centre of excellence” the “Wurundjeri football academy” aka punt road oval
Moral hazard of our captaincy being reduced to a bargaining chip?