Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Not saying that we're actively chasing this bloke or that he'd be the right fit for Richmond but Rory Atkins has got one year left on his 5 year deal at the GC and has pretty much been told by Dimma that he won't get a game. He's regularly picking up 30-40 possessions in the ressies at $400k and I'm sure they'd be happy to get him off their books. Maybe they'd consider some sort of salary dump like they did with Bowes to Geelong or somehow work it into the Rioli deal to land the extra first rounder. He might even be handy veteran experience for a year or two.
What a dastardly plan Newman, acquire more 30 year olds

Screenshot_2024-08-12-14-55-33-75_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Certainly playing like someone who's invested. I'd be pretty stunned if he left TBH.
He has never been anything else.
My fave since the three amigo years.
I reckon he will go.
He has been given ample opportunity to quash speculation but hasn't.

Last edited:
If he:

- Wins our B&F
- Gets a 5-6 year offer from GC
- is offered $800k plus per year from GC
- is a contracted and required player at RFC
- is the best running half back in the game
- Provides experience to an inexperienced list
- Is not 'returning home for family reasons''

GC's first 2 selections this year are a minimum.

Who was the reporter that door stopped him at the QLD airport earlier in the year asking him how his meeting with GC went, I know it wasn't Scoop Manure.

Reactions: 1 users
Certainly playing like someone who's invested. I'd be pretty stunned if he left TBH.
Could be just giving the club his best farewell performances. Might b up for a JDM at seasons end, just add another shiny bit of bling to his career n jack up the trade price a smidgin.

Reckon he is trying to go out and give his all so when he does make the decision, we the fans now that he has given everything.

If he wins the B&F pushes the price up. But those in clubland and the AFL industry, are taking it is a given he is going to GC.

Good to see him going hard to the end, says a lot about his character.

Reactions: 8 users
Reckon he is trying to go out and give his all so when he does make the decision, we the fans now that he has given everything.

If he wins the B&F pushes the price up. But those in clubland and the AFL industry, are taking it is a given he is going to GC.

Very impressive from Rioli.

Reactions: 2 users

We all should be hoping that The Suns and Pies lose the next 2 games to raise our picks with Saints and Demons overtaking them.
Freo have the Pies pick and we want Suns first + for Rioli.

BTW Freo got that pies pick (currently 8) for Schulz.
And they're not going to trade that and their own 13 for Bolton.

Last edited:
We all should be hoping that The Suns and Pies lose the next 2 games to raise our picks with Saints and Demons overtaking them.
Freo have the Pies pick and we want Suns first + for Rioli.

BTW Freo got that pies pick (currently 8) for Schulz.
And they're not going to trade that and their own 13 for Bolton.

If they don't trade them then they can kiss our squizzer.
Bolton is contracted & a required player. They have to come up with something very very substantial to get him.

We hold all the cards. If they want him they have to pay the price.

Reactions: 6 users
PRE knows I don’t rate our current midfield one but and that we need a huge injection of high end talent before Tassie looms large.

But

Rioli is the one. He’s the one I will be happy to keep.

The prospect of trading him just underlines how important it is to trade Bolton while he is peak value IMO.

Clearing trades for Baker, Bolton and Graham should in theory be enough.

But maybe Blair is going full shark eye. Which I kinda also like. Interesting times.

Reactions: 3 users
Posted on the Draft Thread but Gettable saying today that Rioli is keen to go to the Gold Coast and they want him. Basically will ask for a trade.
And we should just say “no trade”. *smile* em.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
he is the only one of the 4 going,
bolton, baker and graham .they can go
but I would work hard to keep him .he is our best player ..
I notice his cousin MJR just got a 2 year extension ............he spoke about the importance of his family and the Richmond football club
keep and stay

Reactions: 2 users