Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Stay or go, it really won’t make much difference to us. We’ll still be terrible. It sticks in my gut to be paying him for playing for another club and probably starring, but GCS are silly enough to pay overs, and there’s the very slight chance that could pay off for us in the future. Same story with Bolton, sadly.

Watching him play today he deserves to be playing in games that matter, not 18th v 15th. But it will be a waste to have his brilliance on the GC in front of 10k every 2nd week.

Reactions: 1 user
Two good first rounders for a very good half back flanker sounds about right.

If he was playing in his present form as a roaming half forward teaching and creating matchwinning opportunities for our new kids.......not for sale at any price.

Sausage was massive for us today, old mate Dimma would certainly love to have another crack at cooking him a couple more ways.

Did everything he could to throw the side up onto the shoulders n carry us over the line. Bloody impossible task when there's only a handful of blokes helping you to do the lifting.
Thank *smile* there's only two more rounds of unskilled incompetence to go for the year. Not sure I can take much more of our overuse n butchery of the ball without having a massive spack attack n throwing all the toys out of the cot. Just gotta keep chanting that pick 1 mantra n hope like hell we can build a decent draft hand for season's end.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Not saying that we're actively chasing this bloke or that he'd be the right fit for Richmond but Rory Atkins has got one year left on his 5 year deal at the GC and has pretty much been told by Dimma that he won't get a game. He's regularly picking up 30-40 possessions in the ressies at $400k and I'm sure they'd be happy to get him off their books. Maybe they'd consider some sort of salary dump like they did with Bowes to Geelong or somehow work it into the Rioli deal to land the extra first rounder. He might even be handy veteran experience for a year or two.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Not saying that we're actively chasing this bloke or that he'd be the right fit for Richmond but Rory Atkins has got one year left on his 5 year deal at the GC and has pretty much been told by Dimma that he won't get a game. He's regularly picking up 30-40 possessions in the ressies at $400k and I'm sure they'd be happy to get him off their books. Maybe they'd consider some sort of salary dump like they did with Bowes to Geelong or somehow work it into the Rioli deal to land the extra first rounder. He might even be handy veteran experience for a year or two.
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure I can take much more of our overuse n butchery of the ball without having a massive spack attack n throwing all the toys out of the cot. Just gotta keep chanting that pick 1 mantra n hope like hell we can build a decent draft hand for season's end.
Channelling Kylie Mole there, TM?

She is such a spack!:))
Classic.
Haven't heard that term in ages. Prob giving away my age. (and yours!) :mhihi

Channelling Kylie Mole there, TM?

She is such a spack!:))
Classic.
Haven't heard that term in ages. Prob giving away my age. (and yours!) :mhihi
Shhhh.
I somehow regularly find myself in the deterioration stage of brain thinking it's still a teenager while the body keeps insisting it simply needs a good lie down n a nap. Finding it extremely confusing and difficult trying to balance and control the slow n deep spiral into decrepit old fart. Bloody past keeps trying to blend into n sometimes dominate the now.

I reckon Dan is staying (especially with nephew Moz developing) and would be close to VC next season.

This quote from Ooze shows we are 'trying different things' throughout games which is probably why we lose more often as this season's been nothing but 'trial and error' stuff. Just planned it to get 1st pick.

1723431174325.png

I reckon Dan is staying (especially with nephew Moz developing) and would be close to VC next season.

This quote from Ooze shows we are 'trying different things' throughout games which is probably why we lose more often as this season's been nothing but 'trial and error' stuff. Just planned it to get 1st pick.

View attachment 23854
Not sure why we would trial not putting any pressure on when the opposition have the ball, and trying to give it back to them as quickly as possible when we do?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users