Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

hear you Achilles but I'm not so sure HBFs are a dime a dozen otherwise hooch wouldn't be so desperate for one.
Might be other factors at play. Daniel is very close to Dimma and he is a popular team member who offers uncompromising loyalty within the playing ranks. That is priceless when the whips are cracking.
Also, a longer contract with his dodgy ankle will hold appeal. Daniel doesn't have a natural media spot in front of him either.
Goldie life style, settle down with kids etc.

And ..... he might play him as a forward.

Might be other factors at play. Daniel is very close to Dimma and he is a popular team member who offers uncompromising loyalty within the playing ranks. That is priceless when the whips are cracking.
Also, a longer contract with his dodgy ankle will hold appeal. Daniel doesn't have a natural media spot in front of him either.

Where is that uncompromising loyalty you write about when it comes to the RFC??????

Like the AFL media, I think a lot of punters on this blog are really pulling long straws 🤷‍♂️

Certainly don’t want DRioli to leave as I think he’s one of our best players now , which to me says exactly were we are at , not sure to many flags have been one with best players been of half back.

In saying that I think “ if “ the rumoured 2 first rounders are on offer for DRioli and “ if” he does want to go play for Dimma then I think that is a perfect deal for us with where we are at , now I don’t think we’ll replace Dan with a better or equal half back right away , however we have an abundance of players who could well thrive with the same half back role .

If Dan stays or gos I think we need to move a cub into his half back role and Dan needs to move more up the ground , if he goes let’s get a couple of good kids or package up those picks to get another pick at the pointy end , who knows Dan leaving could we’ll help get us another top 5 pick I.e Fos, Smillie, Draper etc .

Dans call

Reactions: 1 users
Well, Yze played a straight bat on Baker and Graham yesterday (free agents, their right to look yadda yadda) but took a different approach with Shai and Daniel saying it was just innuendo, speculation etc.

So who knows. Maybe they both stay yet. Not that hopeful, but anyway.

Last edited:

Noice that dimma has taken the bait coz we ll play hardball like when they cornholed us with an out of contract prestia

We were aware of his ankle problem towards the end of last season and it is still troubling him so I wonder why the club didn't fix in 12 months ago unless of course, it is not fixable

Well, Yze played a straight bat on Baker and Graham yesterday (free agents, their right to look yadda yadda) but took a different approach with Shai and Daniel saying it was just innuendo, speculation etc.

So who knows. Maybe they both stay yet. Not that hopeful, but anyway.
The language from the club is they are contracted and won’t go. Publicly we will be seen as club who won’t be bent over in letting these guys go. But at the end of the day I think one will definitely go.

Reactions: 1 user
Baker and Graham likely go.

Dan and Shai to stay the Pres was pretty clear with their lengths of contracts its unlikely.

The other two I reckon are likely out the door.

Reactions: 1 user

Dan and Shai to stay the Pres was pretty clear with their lengths of contracts its unlikely.

Baker and Graham are out of contract, so it’s easier to get the deal done. Baker I think is definitely going to go. Remember when we did his last contract he wouldn’t commit to a longer term deal. I think we’d be trying to trade Graham in any case.

If Gold Coast offer 2 picks for Rioli.
He must be traded we need new kids and good ones.
Baker might just get us pick 12.
That's not enough.
Graham won't get us shitt in compo, the AFL will bend us over.
Bolton only if we get all of freos 1st rounders.
I want to hear they want to stay. But if they want to leave, see ya...

Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely must do everything we can to keep this guy at Richmond. Gives everything he's got every week and provides so much drive and attacking play, which we have very very little of as a club.

Reactions: 6 users