Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Never a better time to cash the hand in and strat again with more chips.

I've been amazed at how highly some of spoke about him, flankers are replaceable. We need to draft for his pace but they are out there.

The injuries on the ankles worry me as he gets older. We will never extract more value from the market then this trade if we can get 6 &11 or even 6 & 20.
Crikey. I reckon you’re being very optimistic there Scoop.
Pick 6 plus another highish pick.

After all he’s only a half back flanker as you say.
A single pick 6 or a single pick 11 and we’re off to the races

Reactions: 1 user

They’ll offer 20 (which will probably be 25 by the time they factor in f/s and compo) and pay half his salary and we’ll say where do we sign?

• Sad
Love Dan but some good points here. Something desperate about Hardwick and co. up north

Reactions: 1 users
If Daniel was playing forward I would not consider a trade. But half back flankers are a dime a dozen. Shorty goes back to the pure quarter back role and hopefully regains his b and f form.
Happy for Daniel to do what is right for him. If he does go he will be remembered as one of our best small forwards with three flags in that role.

Reactions: 1 users
If Daniel was playing forward I would not consider a trade. But half back flankers are a dime a dozen. Shorty goes back to the pure quarter back role and hopefully regains his b and f form.
Happy for Daniel to do what is right for him. If he does go he will be remembered as one of our best small forwards with three flags in that role.
hear you Achilles but I'm not so sure HBFs are a dime a dozen otherwise hooch wouldn't be so desperate for one.

Fair enough in some respects but I'm not sure we've got anyone on our list with Daniel's line breaking capacity, burst of speed, reasonable delivery, and ability to run all day ....all wrapped up in one package.

He has attributes that we are badly "short" of on this list. He'd be a big loss.

Reactions: 9 users
Trouble is a Rioli is tiger royalty - prefer he remain a 1 club player and support junior and the other indigenous lads.

Also, meant to ask, are there any other young Rioli’s out there in the wings.

Reactions: 7 users
All speculation right now with many apparently reading Dan's mind without actually knowing what his intentions are. We need to cool down and wait for seasons end to see what he wants to do.

With Tassie coming in, we have to be brutal if serious about a rebuild. I'd rather trade whoever wants to leave, especially if they have high value. We aren't finals bound over the next couple of years, so trade and hit the next couple of drafts hard. Shorter term pain for for long term gain.

Reactions: 6 users
Fair enough in some respects but I'm not sure we've got anyone on our list with Daniel's line breaking capacity, burst of speed, reasonable delivery, and ability to run all day ....all wrapped up in one package.

He has attributes that we are badly "short" of on this list. He'd be a big loss.
Sadly so are the Huns and Hunwick knows it, and sees the insta fix it, yet manages to 1@$#^ his old love over for a second time.

He ll win our bf and his output this year would put him in pretty good company in that position , dimma will pay if Dan is keen to go

With Tassie coming in, we have to be brutal if serious about a rebuild. I'd rather trade whoever wants to leave, especially if they have high value. We aren't finals bound over the next couple of years, so trade and hit the next couple of drafts hard. Shorter term pain for for long term gain.
Absolutely, if we can get in 4/5 r1 that’s part one of the rebuild nailed then next year another 3+ and you’ve got that 7+ R1s on the books that you can build a new generation of tigers that can launch again

Reactions: 2 users
He has a tiger tattoo doesn't he? Will need to get that altered into a sun.
I agree, time to cash in.
Where does that leave Junior?

Didnt Collingwood pay 2 firsts for Schiltz?

He has a tiger tattoo doesn't he? Will need to get that altered into a sun.
I agree, time to cash in.
Where does that leave Junior?
Will probably want to follow later or might ask to go too ......................................

Didnt Collingwood pay 2 firsts for Schiltz?
People kept saying that, but this is what the actual trade was. From 2 different sources

2023 - pick 34 plus 2024 - 1st rounder
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...s/news-story/984f408407e1950fb3e07343e4a95328

Equates to roughly pick 8 (in points using the DPI as a comparison)
https://www.draftguru.com.au/trades/2023-lachie-*smile*