Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

The_General said:
If ever an urban myth has blown out of proportion, it's that one. Poor Frank.

It’s Miller who has that quote isn’t it?

SCOOP said:
It’s Miller who has that quote isn’t it?

Can't remember for certain but thought it was Frank who was looking after SA and WA, Greg was looking after NSW and QLD (remembering he had a massive thing for Tippett later on) and hence Frank had flown over to see him. If phantom was around still I'm sure he'd clear it up.

Either way, one of them said something like, "we can tell he has a good work ethic, he was up at mowing the lawn when we got their at Xam on a Sunday morning". Then they mentioned something about his parents getting divorced or his dad leaving when he was young and he was mature for his age as he had grow up fast, or words to that affect.

Sintiger said:
Nice little puff piece on Dan on the site we aren't allowed to mention. Living with the coach

can't be true, there's no way Dimma would let a natural forward stay in his house

The_General said:
Can't remember for certain but thought it was Frank who was looking after SA and WA, Greg was looking after NSW and QLD (remembering he had a massive thing for Tippett later on) and hence Frank had flown over to see him. If phantom was around still I'm sure he'd clear it up.

Either way, one of them said something like, "we can tell he has a good work ethic, he was up at mowing the lawn when we got their at Xam on a Sunday morning". Then they mentioned something about his parents getting divorced or his dad leaving when he was young and he was mature for his age as he had grow up fast, or words to that affect.

Miller was doing all the talking that night. Owning it.

antman said:
can't be true, there's no way Dimma would let a natural forward stay in his house

Turning to the darkside are we Anty?...

Again speaks volumes of Dimma, anyone heard of players staying at coaches house often? sure its been done but hes a good man and certainly not a flog (sorry lamby couldnt help myself)....

antman said:

You're missing the point, Dimma sent him out the backyard to work on his (de)fence.

The_General said:

TT33 said:
Aha, the ultimate test.

While it may be a bit harsh to still bring it up, the quote really was a gift that just keeps giving! ;D

The_General said:
I've never heard the true version

Did we draft him because he is good or because he carries the Rioli name.
Not setting high expectations on him. Might be another Edwards

zippadeee said:
Might be another Edwards
Edwards has grown into a fairly decent footballer, so I won't complain if Rioli steps up around that mark. His name won't guarantee him anything more than fans having an over inflated opinion of him.

zippadeee said:
Did we draft him because he is good or because he carries the Rioli name.
Not setting high expectations on him. Might be another Edwards
The actual answer might be that RFC didn't dare not to. Given the awful legacy of the Buddy/RT decision, imagine if RFC left Rioli there, taking someone else, then 3 years later he has become a star elsewhere !!!!!!!!
e.g. PRE would have blown up probably before he even played a game.

leon said:
e.g. PRE would have blown up probably before he even played a game.

That would have saved me renewing the hosting today. :hihi

rosy23 said:
That would have saved me renewing the hosting today. :hihi

Sounds like you might have had a good, hard think about it! Would understand if so.

Life could be easier, I know. Hope springs eternal though.