Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

se7en said:
Goal of the week?

Sadly as it wasn't one continuous play it probably won't be. But in reality we all know how brilliant it was & certainly in my eyes one of the goals of the year

ninjahaha said:
Still has a massive limp! Looked sore deep in the last.

But able to run well!

Anyone have enough medical knowledge to know if this will be his lot from now on? Or will it get better?

A win like yesterday's will heal anything.
He was always going to miss 10-12 games this year. His foot most likely needs a full 6 months to recover
Don't want him getting hotspots or lisfranc injury.

I feel very comfortable now seeing that Rioli has played a full AFL game at high intensity and now has 2 weeks to rest to make sure that his rehab is well and truly complete

At the start of the year when most were saying he would be back ronds 1-3 i always new and posted that he wouldnt be back prior to the Bye , I was 2 weeks off but anybody that had his injury knows its a 7-8 month injury.

I have seen the scar on Daniels foot and its like a car accident victim and was a pretty big operation and not just a 10-12 week injury

turk-d-tiger said:
I feel very comfortable now seeing that Rioli has played a full AFL game at high intensity and now has 2 weeks to rest to make sure that his rehab is well and truly complete

At the start of the year when most were saying he would be back ronds 1-3 i always new and posted that he wouldnt be back prior to the Bye , I was 2 weeks off but anybody that had his injury knows its a 7-8 month injury.

I have seen the scar on Daniels foot and its like a car accident victim and was a pretty big operation and not just a 10-12 week injury

And after the bye, he's got:

- 8 day break
- 8 day break
- 6 day break
- 8 day break

(then 6, 8, 6, 8)

5 x 8 day breaks on the run home.

Prestia will benefit, too.

He takes us to midget nirvana

he's the MVM

hes on the cusp of stardom. he really is.

From the very first Q it was evident how much we have missed him. I’m still in disbelief he’s actually back. What a player to get back when you’re on top of the ladder at the bye round.

It’s not even fair on the other teams.

We were already the best team in the land, and now we’re allowed to add him?

It’s just not fair.

Watched training Sat morning.

There were two guys on the ground who didn't fumble all session.

Chimp and Rioli.

Soooooooooo clean.

Leysy Days said:
Watched training Sat morning.

There were two guys on the ground who didn't fumble all session.

Chimp and Rioli.

Soooooooooo clean.

Watched trying sat morning;

There was one guy on the ground who didn't stop fumbling all session

McIntosh

Soooooo clumsily

That piece of Rioli Magic in the first quarter was a very fitting way for Dan to let the AFL know that while Uncle Cyril might be out of action, the Rioli Magic continues.

This kid is going to be something very special.

That mark and goal in the first was right infant of me.

Couldnt believe it when he grabbed it one handed.

Coulnt believe he kept his balance and landed like a cat!

Couldnt believe it when he played on

Couldn't believe it went through for a goal!

My favourite moment since the GF!

ninjahaha said:
That mark and goal in the first was right infant of me.

Couldnt believe it when he grabbed it one handed.

Coulnt believe he kept his balance and landed like a cat!

Couldnt believe it when he played on

Couldn't believe it went through for a goal!

My favourite moment since the GF!

yeah me too. it was incredible. back2back goals of the year/premierships?

Baloo said:
That piece of Rioli Magic in the first quarter was a very fitting way for Dan to let the AFL know that while Uncle Cyril might be out of action, the Rioli Magic continues.

This kid is going to be something very special.

Err - I think his run sheet is pretty special already. ;D. Didn’t realise how much the forward line missed him

tigersnake said:
what a bloody goal. Liked the concs kiss too. Renaissance man. Warrior poet.

yeah the kiss was off the chart.

If 2 million women dont want to have danny's baby after that mark and kiss, then everything I understood about the world is wrong.

I love our club - they are thriving on playing and living from the heart. I even have my beautiful wife convinced that the Richmond philosophy should be installed in our workplace- I’m a proud man