Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

What a return!

This bloke is so crucial to our success.

My Lord that was some passage of play down the members wing in the last quarter.

Smoking Aces said:
My Lord that was some passage of play down the members wing in the last quarter.

It's like it was cut and pasted out of last years finals campaign. And the composure to kick the goal after winning the free.

And he's a Tiger. And we get to watch him for years to come. It's unreal.

Smoking Aces said:
What a return!

That passage of play is what sets us apart from other teams and why we won all our finals by big margins.
It demoralises other sides.
We now have four small forwards....other teams have one or two.

Paper weight who plays like a heavyweight. Intimidating beyond his size. Defensive hands that block, slap and get in the way.

Disruptive force. Sets the tone for everything we do defensively. Weapon with and without the ball. There is not too many of those types.

Here im thinking he'll be cooked by half time f.m.d
Played like he had a full pre season and never missed a game.

Rioli’s mindset is incredible. He’s full of confidence and self-belief.

Reminds me of Dusty.

Smoking Aces said:

Possibly my favourite piece of play all year. Typical Rioli workrate, rewarded with a free and did well compose himself/catch his breath before calmly slotting the goal

Best individual effort/ GOTY nomination there Bris.

You could have forgiven him if he had missed it but in true Rioli pedigree DRILLED it.

And it is clear they managed his return to the firsts perfectly, no rushing him back. He ran the game out as well as anyone and showed no rust whatsoever. The club is making all the right moves.

Smoking Aces said:
What a return!

Goal of the week?