Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Has the confidence to fly for his marks and not worry about his foot, comes in for Higgins for mine.

Not sure a 5 day break is in his best interests at this stage. I guess it may come down to how he pulled up. I'm not here nor there on whether he is back this week. Prefer him to be absolutely ready to go.

The 5-day break would be more a soft tissue recovery issue than a foot issue by now, you'd think, so it would come down to where his fitness is at right now: as a young player he'd get over a VFL game quicker than an older player.

Obviously would love to see him in this week, but the heavy wet conditions, and com8ng off a 5 day break, has alarm bells ringing ....
I’d let him have one more consolidation in the VFL, and have him fresh against Geelong at the G

No point risking him for the sake of one game.....we will get the job done anyway, and if not, Rioli wouldn’t have been the difference...

Jetboy said:
Obviously would love to see him in this week, but the heavy wet conditions, and com8ng off a 5 day break, has alarm bells ringing ....
I’d let him have one more consolidation in the VFL, and have him fresh against Geelong at the G

No point risking him for the sake of one game.....we will get the job done anyway, and if not, Rioli wouldn’t have been the difference...

Heavy wet conditions, perfect Rioli conditions, get him in. Why are your alarm bell's ringing? Forget the 5 day break, they managed his game time to 3 quarters to ensure he is available for selection Friday, (IMO). His ankle is as sound as it is going to get it is just a matter of fitness.

Am I the only one hear to say why rush him back. Was brilliant in the prelim final but I thought his last half of the season was pretty underwhelming. Only 8 touches on the weekend. If his name wasn't Rioli would we all be screaming for his return. I say reward VFL form and there are a few ahead of him!

saigon tiger said:
Am I the only one hear to say why rush him back. Was brilliant in the prelim final but I thought his last half of the season was pretty underwhelming. Only 8 touches on the weekend. If his name wasn't Rioli would we all be screaming for his return. I say reward VFL form and there are a few ahead of him!
Hard to argue with that.