Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

A few years ago we probably would’ve played him ,

Club has changed in so many ways , far more thorough these days

kiwitiger said:
A few years ago we probably would’ve played him ,

Club has changed in so many ways , far more thorough these days
I know what you are saying Kiwi however Burge and team have been fantastic in injury management over the past 18 months. The players coming back from injury are actually often in better condition than before they were injured. There have been many who have not missed a beat when coming back in unlike days of past.

The Mole said:
I know what you are saying Kiwi however Burge and team have been fantastic in injury management over the past 18 months. The players coming back from injury are actually often in better condition than before they were injured. There have been many who have not missed a beat when coming back in unlike days of past.

Only exception is clearing George fit to play against Eagles in WA. I were at that last training session and he clearly wasn't right, had no impact he missed the following week and reckon he will miss Dreamtime too .

To be honest, I wasn't thrilled overall with his performance in the VFL last week. Good first half, but looked to be labouring in the third quarter. A lot of jogging behind the ball.

Give him another week to get the running into his legs before he has to exert himself for a full game in the 1's.

Maybe he will be brought back after the bye now come to think of it.

No point ruining his return running out to the Boooos and Jeeers onto Adelaide oval, let him get the adoration of the Tiger army as he runs out against the PussyCats at the G.

Likely be a nice one two punch return with Dion

Seen him the last few weeks and he is a long way off still..let him get through the bye round and it will pay off in spades in the back end.

saigon tiger said:
We play the pussycats before the bye

Ess 2/6
Port 8/6
Geel 17/6
Swans 28/6
Crows 6/7

there’s 27 days between games versus port and crows with just 2 games in that time period so I’m the sure the club will freshen up and rest sore players.

We’ve got to win 4 out of that 5.

Coburgtiger said:
To be honest, I wasn't thrilled overall with his performance in the VFL last week. Good first half, but looked to be labouring in the third quarter. A lot of jogging behind the ball.

Give him another week to get the running into his legs before he has to exert himself for a full game in the 1's.

Having missed all of pre season he's behind the 8 ball no doubt. It'd be nice to think we are getting 2o17 Rioli back later in the year but equally it's just important that he's back playing football at all after such a serious injury.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Ess 2/6
Port 8/6
Geel 17/6
Swans 28/6
Crows 6/7

there’s 27 days between games versus port and crows with just 2 games in that time period so I’m the sure the club will freshen up and rest sore players.

We’ve got to win 4 out of that 5.

I'd be happy enough with 3 out of 5. We are only just travelling at the moment and our pressure ratings are a bit down. Going into the game against Essendon we only have Butler as the high pressure small forward, (Higgins is not a pressure forward). Will need to play a lot better than we did against Saints to get over the line. The return of Rioli can't come quick enough.

Tigers of Old said:
Just took a screamer & kicked a goal. Moving pretty well. Live stream on VFL website mate.

Thanks olds. Havnt got the data for the streAm.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
He didn't seem to do much in the final quarter. Another week building won't hurt. Five-day backup for Port probably doesn't help his case this week anyway.

Hard to do much in the last quarter when he didn't play the last quarter, I reckon they saw enough in the 3rd quarter to show them that he is ready. If they have any thought of playing him Friday with a 5 day break it makes sense not to give him a full game.
Thinking he is a good chance of playing

After last night he might be playing VFL next week again no point taking him to Adelaide if hes not going to be completely ready to go full tilt at the Power.

Especially when there is no obvious “poor“ performer in the seniors who needs to be dropped.

Let Rioli build his fitness in the VFL for one more match then bring him in for the cats game at the G