Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Mr Brightside said:
sounds ridiculous considering where we are, however I think we really miss him, in saying that it’s going to b3 hard for him to have any real impact till August onwards
I agree, we do miss him

Mr Brightside said:
sounds ridiculous considering where we are, however I think we really miss him, in saying that it’s going to b3 hard for him to have any real impact till August onwards

I agree. I reckon our best midget pressure rating this year has been about 7, whereas I reckon that would be the lowest midget pressure rating of 2016.

The midgets are walking tall without dannyboy.

I think he makes the midgets 4 goals better.

easy said:
I agree. I reckon our best midget pressure rating this year has been about 7, whereas I reckon that would be the lowest midget pressure rating of 2016.

The midgets are walking tall without dannyboy.

I think he makes the midgets 4 goals better.
He sure does.

Rioli would be the first midget the opposition would look at clamping down on.

What's it been now 7-8 months? Hopefully we've been careful and diligent in his rehab as I would hate to see him go down again. If he gets back to near his best we're a massive chance to go b2b.

Maybe he could be our wildcard in the 2nd half of the season. We're easily a 3 goal better side with him in the 22.

AFL.com.au article saying Danny Boy likely to play VFL this week :clap

He is certainly gunning for Dreamtime.

caesar said:

Yep, he’s back. My guess half a game.

caesar said:

Which looks like a training run so far....

Now on Age website as well:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/daniel-rioli-closing-in-on-potential-return-20180515-p4zfd8.html

Daniel Rioli closing in on potential return
By Ronny Lerner15 May 2018 — 12:07pm

Richmond premiership hero Daniel Rioli could finally make his return to a footy field this weekend, in the VFL.
The small forward hasn’t played competitively since seriously breaking his foot during the Tigers’ grand final victory over Adelaide in September.
So bad was the injury that he needed to be piggybacked by captain Trent Cotchin for their lap of honour around the MCG during the post-match celebrations.
Rioli has needed a couple of operations in the interim but the 21-year-old has been gradually building up his training in recent weeks and, if all goes well at training this week and he gets through unscathed, there’s a good chance he will feature for the Tigers against Sandringham in Beaconsfield.
“Not long now,” Rioli excitedly exclaimed on Instagram on Tuesday.

With Rioli now closing in on a comeback, the only notable players on the Tigers’ injury list are Shaun Grigg (hamstring) and Dion Prestia (calf) – both of whom are close to full fitness.
Rioli played a key role in the Tigers’ 2017 premiership as part of their now famous mosquito fleet, averaging 11 touches and three tackles a game while also booting 25 goals, including a career-high four in the preliminary final against GWS.

caesar said:

:partyfest

I reckon we could afford the luxury of playing every indigenous bloke we have for dreamtime.

Rioli $hai Stengle

Sheds Jack Drummond

the all blacks forward line :afro.

I know jack is a ranga, but he plays black.

Rioli confirmed for VFL.
Hope he gets through and pulls up ok.

I think 2 full vfl games should qualify him for afl, also depending on how he goes.

With Prestia right to come back against stkilda, all our premiership 22 should be available for footy next week.