Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

23.21.159 said:
You've only got to watch the Nathan Brown interview on Open Mike to see the pitfalls of rushing back too early.

But what's too early? Maybe they've already held him back longer than they might have in the Browny days?

caesar said:
Looked sharp at training today, completing the full session

Big milestone in his recovery! I guess the next part is how he pulls up from it.

Thanks caesar

DirtyDogTiger said:
I don’t think they should have let him hobble around the MCG after he injured it on GF day.

Cotch didn't.

trent-cotchin-of-the-tigers-carries-daniel-rioli-of-the-tigers-during-picture-id856825500

DirtyDogTiger said:
I don’t think they should have let him hobble around the MCG after he injured it on GF day.

Agree, they should have sent him down to the rooms and made him wait until the others arrived

Baloo said:
Agree, they should have sent him down to the rooms and made him wait until the others arrived
No way they can deny him getting his medal & getting to celebrate with the team etc.

I think it was great he celebrated the flag with his team mates - yes there were possibly consequences but it is all about the team spirit.

Take time with him not worried if he does a Towner and only plays the last 5 winning games of the year.

Think Dynasty not next week when managing this guy

caesar said:
Looked sharp at training today, completing the full session

Bad news.

Preparing for the dreamtime game is how he's most likely to plant the seeds for re-injury.

We can't save him from Fev's family, but we can save him from himself.

23.21.159 said:
You've only got to watch the Nathan Brown interview on Open Mike to see the pitfalls of rushing back too early.
spot on and was thinking similar after watching interview too.

I couldn't believe even after 12 mths brownie mentioned played on a hard ground, whack stress fracture above the original break.

Hope the club even on his return avoid playing in on hard surfaces for the rest of the year(Eg like Eithad)

123kid said:
Bad news.

Preparing for the dreamtime game is how he's most likely to plant the seeds for re-injury.
How?
I don't have any details of the damage done in Daniels foot, but he's had pins inserted to assist the repair. He's had a summer off n rehabbed. He's had the pins removed n recovery time after the surgery. He's also done various training n rehab work ( much of it done indoors ) to ensure the injury has healed properly and his fitness is up to the levels required to play again.
Daniel and the medico's may well have had the Dreamtime game penciled in as a conservative return date for him for six months or more.

Browny from what I can recall was lucky to be able to get back playing again. The original break to his leg was a serious shattering of the bone, he had a massive shaft inserted into the bone n segments bolted back into place. May have been earlier return than wise, was lucky to be able to get back at all.

I’d highly doubt he will be up for Dreamtime , Id personally be wrapt to see him at vfl in 2-3 weeks where I would expect 2 games minimum to find some touch and bloi some cobwebs , that equates to about 6 weeks from here , r13+ I’m thinking

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Forget Dreamtime. Just play our VFL team that night.
*smile*. That'd give Essendrugs half a chance to make a contest out of the game. I'm more that happy to sit back n watch our firsts totally obliterate them.

sounds ridiculous considering where we are, however I think we really miss him, in saying that it’s going to b3 hard for him to have any real impact till August onwards