Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Balmey and Peter Burge sending out slightly mixed messages on Daniel:

On AFL.com article titled: Caution call: Tigers careful on jet's return.

Balmey saying Rioli has pulled up sore, (not in the foot), but everywhere else with the extra training load. Said if trains tomorrow then all is on track but if he doesn't it probably sets him back a couple.

Burge on RFC.com : Says Rioli has had a good couple of weeks and should crank it up further this week.

Guess I will have to drop by PRO tomorrow to see if Rioli is out there.

caesar said:

Balmey saying Rioli has pulled up sore, (not in the foot), but everywhere else with the extra training load. Said if trains tomorrow then all is on track but if he doesn't it probably sets him back a couple.

Burge on RFC.com : Says Rioli has had a good couple of weeks and should crank it up further this week.

Guess I will have drop by PRO tomorrow to see if Rioli is out there.
Balme, Burge pffffft there’s only one man we go to for true player updates

The bigger picture will be making sure he is right , at full fitness , for september

caesar said:

Guess I will have to drop by PRO tomorrow to see if Rioli is out there.

A couple of what?
Days?
Weeks?
Months?

se7en said:
A couple of what?
Days?
Weeks?
Months?

I were just paraphrasing not quoting, if I were quoting he said:

"If he doesn't train, it might put him back a little bit."

I just extrapolated it to 1 or 2 weeks, (but hey if he is out there tomorrow it is a moot point).

caesar said:
I just extrapolated it to 1 or 2 weeks, (but hey if he is out there tomorrow it is a mute point).

If it's a mute point, I hope they include a written report.

tigerlove said:
Rioli says he is aiming to play the Dreamtime game.

Dreamtime maybe Pipe dream ;)

Of course he is desperate to play Dreamtime to the point he might push himself too hard too soon. You would suggest to play he would need at least 2 games in the VFL? playing a half in game 1 and close to 70% game time in hitout # 2. That means he would need to play VFL Saturday May 19 which is only 10 days away, so it is a race against the clock.

caesar said:
I were just paraphrasing not quoting, if I were quoting he said:

"If he doesn't train, it might put him back a little bit."

I just extrapolated it to 1 or 2 weeks, (but hey if he is out there tomorrow it is a moot point).

Okay. :)

caesar said:

Of course he is desperate to play Dreamtime to the point he might push himself too hard too soon. You would suggest to play he would need at least 2 games in the VFL? playing a half in game 1 and close to 70% game time in hitout # 2. That means he would need to play VFL Saturday May 19 which is only 10 days away, so it is a race against the clock.

Yes I agree, it would be quite optimistic but maybe he is close to playing VFL?

I dont want the kid rushing back ....... he is silk and too important to the Tigers long term to take risks with.

caesar said:

I suppose it’s possible they have been ultra conservative as it is ?

23.21.159 said:
You've only got to watch the Nathan Brown interview on Open Mike to see the pitfalls of rushing back too early.
U took the words right out of my mouth , nb suggested it ruined his career , should have delayed comeback a few months more