Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

pete and tys said:
Yes. It was a Lisfranc metatarsal injury.
That is metatarsal fracture and associated ligament rupture.
A serious injury that can end careers.
6-12 months depending on grade.
So progress is pretty much as expected .
:thumbsup

tigertim said:
It is odd. The injury was 7 months ago now. Does a broken foot (ankle?) normally take this long?

In metro and old mans footy I've seen more players retire from serious ankle injuries than knees. Some very delicate bones around the ankle and such a complicated structure.

spook said:
Just get him right.

That's what we'll be doing. But if we can keep winning like this without him, then imagine how we'll take off mid to late season when we get him back! I know there's no guarantees, but it is a stupidly exciting prospect

It is tantalising, fellas. But I can wait until Round 18 if I have to. As long as he's 100%, which as you say snakey, he will be.

spook said:
It is tantalising, fellas. But I can wait until Round 18 if I have to. As long as he's 100%, which as you say snakey, he will be.

Imagine the addition of a fresh Rioli at season's end ... not unlike the Townsend+Graham boost we got last year.

tigertim said:
It is odd. The injury was 7 months ago now. Does a broken foot (ankle?) normally take this long?

Mine is stuffed 21 years on, so to answer your question , yes sometimes they do

spook said:

We want 10 years of Dan Rioli especially to play alongside Jnr when he arrives.

If he misses the entire 2018 so be it but we need him happy healthy and 100% and if we get that with a month or so prior to finals then that would be a good result.

Allows for rotational game time to be given to Higlett, Tyson, Shai, Lloyd ect.

Put it another way. If Daniel wasn't injured there would be basically no-one on our injury list. The other coaches/clubs are already whinging about a dream injury run. So it keeps us from having a blank sheet which keeps at least a part of the green eyed monster from our door.

Brettstigers said:
Put it another way. If Daniel wasn't injured there would be basically no-one on our injury list. The other coaches/clubs are already whinging about a dream injury run. So it keeps us from having a blank sheet which keeps at least a part of the green eyed monster from our door.
Daniel is there to keep Hampson company

caesar said:
Will join the main group this week, playing VFL in 2 -3 weeks & available for AFL selection in 5, (DREAMTIME!)

That is me looking into my crystal ball anyway ;D

John Ralph reporting that RFC have finally given a VFL return date for Daniel of round 8.

My crystal ball is looking pretty good, does anyone want Tattslotto numbers ;)

caesar said:
John Ralph reporting that RFC have finally given a VFL return date for Daniel of round 8.

My crystal ball is looking pretty good, does anyone want Tattslotto numbers ;)

Home game against poor old Coburg

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Is that VFL round 8 or AFL round 8? VFL round 8 is still 4 weeks away.

Yeah I was wondering that too, if Ralph means VFL round 8 that would only be 1 week before Dreamtime so not enough time to press for selection, round 8 AFL on the other hand would give him 3 weeks.

caesar said:
Yeah I was wondering that too, if Ralph means VFL round 8 that would only be 1 week before Dreamtime so not enough time to press for selection, round 8 AFL on the other hand would give him 3 weeks.

Someone with a Twitter account should ask Ralphy, I ain't got one.