Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Panthera Tigris said:
One thing's for sure, Bruce won't be able to contain his excitement. I recon he's already preparing his endless pre-scripted list of superlatives, catch phrases and clichés for the first time the Rioli's play each other.

Going to be all too much for Bruce. Better pack some spare underwear in his bag for the big day.
We play them on a Friday night, so Bruce will be there with bells on. I think he may explode if they both play in the game.

CTT I reckon D Rioli will be playing.

I'm putting pressure on the kid. Maybe even round 1 against the Blues!

But the kid shows some confidence and belief in his ability by accepting the famous No 17.

Bruce will explode if both play!

caesar said:
How good does he look in #17. Love the romance of it all. Closest thing to a father son we have so why not. It's the fans that need to contain their expectations and not expect another Maurice. The kid himself seems to have a level head on him and is not getting drawn into other Rioli comparisons. Tread your own path son!

Everything I've heard come out of Daniel's mouth seems balanced, measured but albeit assured and confident. I reckon he's got the mental capacity to deal with pressure which is often a limiting factor for a lot of indigenous kids.

I agree the image of him in 17 looking up at great uncle Maurice gave me a chill. I think he can handle it.

He should not be rushed.

Unless he plays well in the vfl he shouldnt get a senior game.

Rushing him into the seniors could well break him.

SkillzThatKillz said:
He should not be rushed.

Unless he plays well in the vfl he shouldnt get a senior game.

Rushing him into the seniors could well break him.

I wouldn't put any limitations on him given he'll play predominantly as a small forward. Have to see what unfolds.

Dreamtime game I s the time to unleash him . First time I can remember we have more indigenous players on our list than the bummers. Edwards, Drummond, yarran and Rioli .

Sintiger said:
Dreamtime game I s the time to unleash him . First time I can remember we have more indigenous players on our list than the bummers. Edwards, Drummond, yarran and Rioli .

+1

MB78 said:
Is that the most we have ever had on our list?
We had Relton Roberts, Troy Taylor and Edwards, did we also have Alroy or collard on the rookie list? Either way it's great to see the club drafting indigenous talent. Hope they'll get a game soon, as their flair is something we lack.

TigerForce said:
Good to see that Dan looks more like grand-uncle Moz than Cyril does. Even Dean Rioli was nowhere near the resemblance.

331of86.jpg
c.jpg
64b.jpg
Daniel looks more like a Motlop.

evo said:
Daniel looks more like a Motlop.
Oooooh scandals between the sheets, lucky there's some seriously talented Motlops around to challenge the Rioli talent.

Saw a post on FB that Daniel has been spending his xmas break back up north watching Maurice Jnr run around in the U/14's for St Mary's, fingers crossed in a few years there's 2 Rioli's running around for the Tigers.

On a side note geez he looks like his old man!

Tiger Ghost said:
Saw a post on FB that Daniel has been spending his xmas break back up north watching Maurice Jnr run around in the U/14's for St Mary's, fingers crossed in a few years there's 2 Rioli's running around for the Tigers.

Benny Gale tweeted a photo of the two of them with the comment " I'm excited "

Tiger Ghost said:

Not wrong there. Now I just hope he plays like him.