Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

gutfull said:
The club has not been honest in my opinion , dont let the facts get in the way of behind these 4 walls , recon if he had done a knee he would be back sooner .....
If a knee reco was done in October , he d be back in October . Umm it’s now April ::)

zippadeee said:
If the AFL.site says he is 'closer' expect him back around round 22

Back to being negative Zips, and here I was thinking you had changed.

It was an article quoting Balme by the way.

Happy 21st Daniel.
Has recently brought himself a house and is moving out of coach's home shortly.
Going out with Fevola's daughter. Not doing too badly for a 21yr old. On or off the field

Blind Turn said:
Happy 21st Daniel.
Has recently brought himself a house and is moving out of coach's home shortly.
Going out with Fevola's daughter. Not doing too badly for a 21yr old. On or off the field

provided Fevola's daughter's mum has strong genes.

easy said:
provided Fevola's daughter's mum has strong genes.

You and others might be relieved to know that Mia Fevola is not actually Fev's daughter; his step-daughter. Her father, and mum's first husband, died young.

leon said:
You and others might be relieved to know that Mia Fevola is not actually Fev's daughter; his step-daughter. Her father, and mum's first husband, died young.

sad for Mia.

dont get me wrong, I've always liked Fev.

sure, he dranks and punted too hard, but i was never gonna cast the first stone.

But he's no oil painting

I'm sure Mia is a lovely girl :hearton

easy said:
sad for Mia.

dont get me wrong, I've always liked Fev.

sure, he dranks and punted too hard, but i was never gonna cast the first stone.

But he's no oil painting

I'm sure Mia is a lovely girl :hearton

Disappointing. Rioli into Fevola.
Haven't had that breeding since Tuck into Ablett

Any update on Rioli? Last update I thought was that he was aiming for round 6-ish. Dunno if that was round 6 AFL or VFL though.

Tigertool said:
Any update on Rioli? Last update I thought was that he was aiming for round 6-ish. Dunno if that was round 6 AFL or VFL though.

Richmond wesbite says as of April 26th return to be confirmed. This indicates to me maybe still a while off. I think serious ankle injuries are often under-estimated. They can often be worse than knee recos so it's best to take the conservative approach. I think he wil find his way back in the VFL so even if he was tracking for availability within the next 4 weeks still could be 6 or 7 before we see him back at AFL level.

Tigertool said:
It is odd. The injury was 7 months ago now. Does a broken foot (ankle?) normally take this long?

tigerlove said:
Richmond wesbite says as of April 26th return to be confirmed. This indicates to me maybe still a while off. I think serious ankle injuries are often under-estimated. They can often be worse than knee recos so it's best to take the conservative approach. I think he wil find his way back in the VFL so even if he was tracking for availability within the next 4 weeks still could be 6 or 7 before we see him back at AFL level.

Bummer, thanks for that TL. We miss him.

tigertim said:
It is odd. The injury was 7 months ago now. Does a broken foot (ankle?) normally take this long?

Yes. It was a Lisfranc metatarsal injury.
That is metatarsal fracture and associated ligament rupture.
A serious injury that can end careers.
6-12 months depending on grade.
So progress is pretty much as expected .

Will join the main group this week, playing VFL in 2 -3 weeks & available for AFL selection in 5, (DREAMTIME!)

That is me looking into my crystal ball anyway ;D