Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Question? Do people think our small forward pressure can still be at the all-conquering level of last year without the leader of the pack, (Dan Rioli)

caesar said:
Question? Do people think our small forward pressure can still be at the all-conquering level of last year without the leader of the pack, (Dan Rioli)

Definitely not at the same level as Drioli brings; you only have to look at his PF performance with 4 goals against GWS. But provides another opportunity to Bolton and/or Stengle to push their case. If Dan's injury takes a bit longer, and they must give him all the time he needs to get it right, then we have plenty of other prospects waiting in the wings: Markov, Cal Moore (who both offer height and marking competitiveness) along side newbies like Higgins or even Balta. All athletes with speed and varying degrees of skill, smarts and aggression.

Not the same level, but just maybe not far off either. I am just as excited as worried; lots of improvement left in Butler and JC too.

leon said:
Definitely not at the same level as Drioli brings; you only have to look at his PF performance with 4 goals against GWS. But provides another opportunity to Bolton and/or Stengle to push their case. If Dan's injury takes a bit longer, and they must give him all the time he needs to get it right, then we have plenty of other prospects waiting in the wings: Markov, Cal Moore (who both offer height and marking competitiveness) along side newbies like Higgins or even Balta. All athletes with speed and varying degrees of skill, smarts and aggression.

Not the same level, but just maybe not far off either. I am just as excited as worried; lots of improvement left in Butler and JC too.

Yep Rioli is a 3 to 4 repeat effort player where as George, Butler and Shai? may be only 2 to 3 effort players.

I have a suspicion Rioli has had a setback, I am not expecting to see him anytime soon.

No proof, no inside word, just an observation.

And then again I could be completely wrong, but my mind is turning to who will replace him. Put your hand up Shai.

caesar said:
I have a suspicion Rioli has had a setback, I am not expecting to see him anytime soon.

And then again I could be completely wrong, but my mind is turning to who will replace him. Put your hand up Shai.

As much as it sucks that Rioli is up against it to play the opening couple of rounds, I'm excited at the prospect of Shai being a possible replacement.

Lemonade from lemons. Great opportunity for someone like Shai or Tyson to step up.

Get Dan 100% before he comes back.

caesar said:

So he’ll be playing round 1 then Caesar? :D

Late in the last quarter in a grand final when the game is won is the best time to cop a long term injury if you were gonna cop one.

Nico said:
Lemonade from lemons. Great opportunity for someone like Shai or Tyson to step up.

Get Dan 100% before he comes back.

Higgins may well have jumped both to be front and centre of the queue.

Harry said:
Late in the last quarter in a grand final when the game is won is the best time to cop a long term injury if you were gonna cop one.
Yes ...simply inspirational play from Daniel. A blessing for the club to have him as it also guarantees us young Maurice.

caesar said:

given the injury club needs to be ultra conservative. he'll be right.