Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

feisty tige said:
Ahhh... we beat Adelaide. In a grand final... fair dinkum unbelievable... :cupgold

I keep having these little moments as well.

Moments of pure satisfaction.

CC TIGER said:
Yep, not running till after Xmas

I'm in the same boat. even then, it'll probably be just a few leggies off a short run up, and at silly mid off

Apparently he is out of the moon boot now (past 8 weeks) and walking around, but hobbling... doing rehabilitation with some cross-training etc. My concern is that those mid foot fracture/s are notoriously slow to heal and will he be there in Round 1, 2018?

Reported as a broken metatarsal which hopefully will recover better than a lisfranc or the dreaded navicular. Hopefully he's not held back too long but must get him right as a priority.

Tigers of Old said:
Reported as a broken metatarsal which hopefully will recover better than a lisfranc or the dreaded navicular. Hopefully he's not held back too long but must get him right as a priority.

he's still got a fair hobble 9 weeks on? :nailbiting

Tigers of Old said:

As long as he is back training by the start of Feb, he’s fine.

Tigers of Old said:

was that the one Richo broke at the Western Oval?

Daniel can take his time and doesnt matter if he doesnt come back until June, Must get the foot right and not risk anything long term
When he does heel they should start him on the long term pre season program and get him cherry ripe for the remainder of the season and beyond
He is way too important to our long term plans to fast track his injury

We have ample depth in his role and Higgins,Bolton,Stengle,Baker as well as Markov,Menadue are all capable of playing his Role to a decent level

turk-d-tiger said:
Daniel can take his time and doesnt matter if he doesnt come back until June, Must get the foot right and not risk anything long term
When he does heel they should start him on the long term pre season program and get him cherry ripe for the remainder of the season and beyond
He is way too important to our long term plans to fast track his injury

We have ample depth in his role and Higgins,Bolton,Stengle,Baker as well as Markov,Menadue are all capable of playing his Role to a decent level

yeah agree, although Rioli plays a level above the other smalls IMO. I think we showed last year what fresh blokes can give in the 2nd half a year (Broad, towner, graham, vlastuin, houli, sheds)

I reckon there would be some merit in using depth players to help the side to say 7-4 at halfway and then bring her home.

I'd be surprised if we dont try and replicate (hopefully tactically and not out of necessity) last year's formula of 4-5 fresh blokes in August.

a fit Hammer would be a perfect candidate to flog in the first half a year and launch a fresh Nankers latter.

easy said:
he's still got a fair hobble 9 weeks on? :nailbiting

Standard for anyone spending 2 months with a moonboot on. Muscle deterioration and very stiff ankle joint.

easy said:
yeah agree, although Rioli plays a level above the other smalls IMO. I think we showed last year what fresh blokes can give in the 2nd half a year (Broad, towner, graham, vlastuin, houli, sheds)

I reckon there would be some merit in using depth players to help the side to say 7-4 at halfway and then bring her home.

I'd be surprised if we dont try and replicate (hopefully tactically and not out of necessity) last year's formula of 4-5 fresh blokes in August.

a fit Hammer would be a perfect candidate to flog in the first half a year and launch a fresh Nankers latter.

Agree with all ET except the Hammer part, id honest rather Soldo or Griff (body dependant)... I just haven't got anything nice to say about Hammer so I wont say anything other than DONT PLAY HIM AT ALL COSTS

Tigertough1974 said:
Agree with all ET except the Hammer part, id honest rather Soldo or Griff (body dependant)... I just haven't got anything nice to say about Hammer so I wont say anything other than DONT PLAY HIM AT ALL COSTS

:hihi

Tigertough1974 said:

Not true. He’s a player.

Tigertough1974 said:
Mrs Hammer? ;D

Tigertough1974 said:
DDT a Player who doesn't play very well.....

The Age / Neil Balme reporting that Rioli is likely to miss round 1 due to cautious approach and how BAD!!!!! the injury is :(

Similar to Dane Swan's but not as bad.

Shai may get his chance early.