Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle

Ghost of Punt Road said:
all seems a bit odd to promote someone to sit on a bench. He can do all that as a rookie.

I can't see the strategic reason for it unless he plays.

Doesn't it just cost the club more money?
[/quote

You don't see it as a reward to the kid who looks to have done everything we have asked of him and is excelling?

Great people management. Reward for effort.

No one player could replace Shai, T_G. Both Oleg and Stengle in for Bolton.

Stengle is a very different player to any of our other smalls. Sneaky and inside. Works in the traffic. Just turns up with the ball. Can be very glamourous with it. Will lead. Not as brisk as the other mozzies. Smart. Total midget.

He's been learning to get up the park at VFL level. To get more involved. He must have the running right or he wouldn't be in. Turns nineteen in November October. A child. Good times.

Good luck to Tyson.Really hope he does well, but no unrealistic expectations.
A great change of tack fron the Tigers this year and I am sure will lead to good things in the future.
Lovely to see some excitement and it is true that selection night is now really fascinating.
I'm excited by Tyson, Shae and Dan . They will be great in the finals in years to come.

Congrats to Stengle.

Different to the other smalls as mentioned.

Would have been nice for Shai to remain but that's ok

Managed but named as an emergency?

tigersnake said:
wow. selection night has been like a never ending showbag this year.

The latest tech used by the selection committee

RTX1EKWB-1024x699.jpg

waiting said:
Congrats to Stengle.

Different to the other smalls as mentioned.

Would have been nice for Shai to remain but that's ok

Managed but named as an emergency?

He will be the travelling emergency. The other two will be able to play VFL.

I look forward to seeing him play. He has come from a long way back in terms of upbringing. This is a great story and I hope he makes the most of this opportunity.

Loved watching some of the tackles this kid applies.

Exactly what we have to do against Port (either of the Adelaide sides actually) - Bring heat to the competition, and see how well their glamour running game goes.

We'll need to be on our toes out of the middle though as this is where they seem to launch from.

They are quite possibly the strongest team going around. They can be flaky, though. I reckon we match up well in the midfield and our defence stacks up against their forwards.

The other end of the ground will be a mismatch- brutes v pacy little fellas. No bombing the ball forward this week or we will be blown away.

TOT70 said:
They are quite possibly the strongest team going around. They can be flaky, though. I reckon we match up well in the midfield and our defence stacks up against their forwards.

The other end of the ground will be a mismatch- brutes v pacy little fellas. No bombing the ball forward this week or we will be blown away.
I agree TOT.

But they have Martins kryptonite - Brad Ebert.

Smoking Aces said:
I agree TOT.

But they have Martins kryptonite - Brad Ebert.

Meh, anyone who has read Superman comics knows that kryptonite is just a temporary inconvenience. In the end, Supes finds a way to dispatch it and beat the baddie.