Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle

craig said:
Is the natural replacement for Castagna or Butler along with Shai.

The 3 Aboriginal boys are the way to go up front they will make oppositions p!ss their pants with there vision skill and tackling.

For mine George and Dan best enjoy the games they are getting because they will be usurped soon enough.

Agree re George, not with Butler. Alfred has shown more than enough to suggest he's a long term player.

CC TIGER said:
Watching the replay, 5-20 to go in second quarter, the pick up and handball to Butler was superb.

He's a glamour, CC. Nothing scrappy about him. Tough too. He's staying in.

Dyer'ere said:

bloody oath he is, did he lose a contest? won and squared some tough ones where he was outnumbered thats for sure. Exciting stuff. AND HE STUCK THE CLUTCH GOAL THROUGH THE MIDDLE!

Dyer'ere said:
I think I've said before Jack if he had have been at the club last year he probaly plays 22 games as a small forward. I think his the best of the small forwards we have as a small forward, Rioli and Bolton I think will spend more time up the ground.

mad_tiggy911 said:
If Carlton offer a 2nd round pick for George we should look at it.

2nd rounder :rofl I would take anything under 70.
Castagna is *smile*. He is a momentum killer. He hasnt got football smarts. He kicks like a donkey.
Just watch the last 5 minutes when he running into goals. Enough said.

GEDS1 said:
That composure to step through those tackles and distribute appropriately speaks volumes, well done lad. :clap

Yes he showed the composure of a 100 gamer and then hit Caddy lace out.
Looks to be a very clever player, i liked how he pushed Broadbent off the ball near the boundary line. You would't expect that from a first gamer.

St Kevin said:
Agree re George, not with Butler. Alfred has shown more than enough to suggest he's a long term player.
Agree with this. Butler has been very good. And is every bit as fast and dashing as Rioli, Stengle and Bolton. Will all 4 be played in the same team infuture years is the question. Although, if there is some capacity for being rotated through the midfield, I think they all can.

Stengle had a pretty promising debut, and he'll have a better one next week. Discuss ;D

Watching the replay, I was excited last night, more excited now about Tyson Stengle. Seriously good 3rd Q. Tremendous in heavy traffic, great decisions, first game!

tigersnake said:
Watching the replay, I was excited last night, more excited now about Tyson Stengle. Seriously good 3rd Q. Tremendous in heavy traffic, great decisions, first game!

I'm surprised there has been much love for him, I thought he was good.
He showed he is very good in heavy traffic, keeps his feet and looks to have footy smarts. I was impressed how he pushed Broadbent off the ball, he looked very composed.

2 full pre season into him will be interesting to see how good he might be. Already evasive and goal smart. Funny how you get overlooked with the first 100 draft picks and then you find gems like Tyson in the rookie draft.

Tiger Pops said:
2 full pre season into him will be interesting to see how good he might be. Already evasive and goal smart. Funny how you get overlooked with the first 100 draft picks and then you find gems like Tyson in the rookie draft.
Perhaps size/build? Is really, really small. One of those teens who looks literally like a boy (as opposed to some early developers who are already looking like men), plus he is really short. But if he is a late developer, plenty of upside.