Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle

Tigers of Old said:
How's Fly McCrae saying he's yet to see this young fella tackled in the time he's been at the club?
He can work in a phone box. Some of his in-close evasion & release work against the Power was something to behold.

After watching his highlights I gained an extra 2kg. Around the groin region.
Lucky I was only half excited

Tigers of Old said:
How's Fly McCrae saying he's yet to see this young fella tackled in the time he's been at the club?
He can work in a phone box. Some of his in-close evasion & release work against the Power was something to behold.

yes indeed Oldie! Super evasive sidestep and dodge, AND if anyone does lay a hand on him, swats off and breaks tackles with seeming ease. Deadly combo, he did it once when outnumbered and I thought 'you bewdy, nice from the debutant', then he did it again, and again! I'm rapt.

edit, AND then made the perfect decision each time! :eek:

tigersnake said:
yes indeed Oldie! Super evasive sidestep and dodge, AND if anyone does lay a hand on him, swats off and breaks tackles with seeming ease. Deadly combo, he did it once when outnumbered and I thought 'you bewdy, nice from the debutant', then he did it again, and again! I'm rapt.

edit, AND then made the perfect decision each time! :eek:

It was something I picked up on as well mate.
For such a small frame, he must have a very strong core and balance. Then to have the awareness to find the right option really stood out. I hope he can continue on from there. What a prospect at a bargain pick.

Stengle is a footballer with that x factor that seems to be innate to the Aboriginal boys.

He is everything that Castagna is not, he has poise, vision, skill and situational awareness.

George may have more vim and vigour right now and physical presence but it wont keep him in the side for too much longer if these 3 boys get going together.

Skill and class wins the day every time.

craig said:
Stengle is a footballer with that x factor that seems to be innate to the Aboriginal boys.

He is everything that Castagna is not, he has poise, vision, skill and situational awareness.

George may have more vim and vigour right now and physical presence but it wont keep him in the side for too much longer if these 3 boys get going together.

See, I reckon Bolton has more X than Tyson. But Tyson has more ability to be involved in a game longer, possibly a mid. Bolton, so far, I think is more Cyril like in that he'll fade in and out. But when he's in, watch out.

craig said:

You can probably add Butler to the three you mention for superior poise, vision, skill & situational awareness to Castagna.

I reckon George's situational awareness is very good, it's his execution and decision making he needs to work on. Still early days for George too.

Tigers of Old said:
If you get a chance have a look at Stengle's VFL highlights on the club website. :eek:

Watched the game. He was very good. I don't remember a time when we had this level of depth

The only thing that might hold Stengle back from a successful AFL career is the athletic component: is he quick enough, can he run hard enough for long enough? If he can, he will make it.

32 goals in the VFL as a first-year player (top 10 in the league) and 4 in a semi-final! The kid is made of the right stuff.

spook said:
The only thing that might hold Stengle back from a successful AFL career is the athletic component: is he quick enough, can he run hard enough for long enough? If he can, he will make it.

32 goals in the VFL as a first-year player (top 10 in the league) and 4 in a semi-final! The kid is made of the right stuff.

That was my one reservation at draft time, it's the reason I favoured Lebois. But jeez, plenty of Eddie in that performance, happy to be proven wrong in this case.

spook said:

If you get to the right spots youd don't need to be quick. His front & square work is sublime and he sure knows where the goals are. Very exciting prospect.
I still vouch Castagna is very lucky to be in our senior 22.

I watched over half the game and I understand the Hype over Tyson and Shai.

The one glaring thing that was missing in their game was the one thing that is keeping Georgie in the ones, is the tackling and manic pressure.

If both players bring that feature to their game it is going to be fantastic to watch Richmond games.

Wouldn't surprise to see Geezer n Sausage spending more time through the midfield next year, they've both been getting bursts late this year. Shai n Tyson to slot nicely into their forward roles next year n grow from there. Reckon there's still room for George around the forward line, he's the hard chaos, sometimes he'll get some reward for himself n other times he'll just create opportunities for others to pounce.

spook said:

Betts ain't quick, but he's footy quick. Brain is 3 steps ahead of every defender around him, so often makes guys look flat footed. Stngle and Betts are cousins right? I reckon Stengel has quite a bit of Betts about him.

so Taz reckons ty is rookie list and cant be elevated.

Afl.com spruiking his credentials for a call up.

Obviously Taz knows more about out list than AFL hacks

But can we get this confirmed?

Easy Taz is right.

They know nothing.

But gee Stengle, Shai & Rioli will terrorise defences in the coming years if we can keep them all together.

easy said:
so Taz reckons ty is rookie list and cant be elevated.

Afl.com spruiking his credentials for a call up.

Obviously Taz knows more about out list than AFL hacks

But can we get this confirmed?
Taz is correct.

Stengle went back on the rookie list when Conca came back from injury.