Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

Knowing nothing about him earlier this season, I’d now have him only behind McCaullife in most impressive of the cubs , considering his limited training , classic 2 year deal for me , shown has tools to make it , however body has had issues , 2 years works for both kid and club

Reactions: 2 users
At the very least 2 years. Bookmark it Kane.
I ain't got time for your bookmarks, your duffle coat with the numbers on it reminds me enough. They all can't make it lad.

I just pick out premiership B&F winners from the rookie draft, don't listen to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Knowing nothing about him earlier this season, I’d now have him only behind McCaullife in most impressive of the cubs , considering his limited training , classic 2 year deal for me , shown has tools to make it , however body has had issues , 2 years works for both kid and club
Really, SETH CAMPBELL ring a bell ?

WTF have you got against Tasmaniacs

:)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Seth is my bright light this year comfortably.

cleanliness = godliness on the virtue scale dont it?

which essentially means his Tasmania's Gary Ablett

ive also seen the future in the next Kmac, so

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Need to move pieces around to get this guy into the team. Kmac sub, VFL or forward (Cumbo’s position). Smith on wing or move short or Rioli to wing and smith back. Or whatever to get him in.

Reactions: 1 user
Eh? Hasn't been below 20 possessions in his last 4 weeks of VFL footy.

He's gone back and done what quite a few haven't - Kept performing!

Despite what was, some pretty average treatment by the AFL coaching team.
Is probably the only one who has knocked on the door all year.
He has not really had a lull apart from the horrid treatment he copped on debut.
Kid has far better attributes than a player like Short !!!! who has stunk it up all year and not once been dropped..
Yet here we are with a kid continually performing and not getting a go.

He does look like we finally have got a good one from Tassie 😁

I to like the Tassie lad , bit like Smith I had seen very little of him , looks to have a lot of good AFL traits , in fact could nearly pass as a vic country lad . I think he’s not limited to been just a high half forward type

Smith can win a contest at VFL level. Some unlikely ones. He'll be 20yo for 2025. Interesting type. I sometimes think he's a forward. Pretty brisk. And can win it.

One to watch for the next couple of years. The best kind of abilty when you're spoony is possibility.

I think I heard something earlier in the year that the club were excited about seeing if Smith could make it as a mid too. Has had a good start to the year after missing all last year. 1st taste of the midfield at the weekend, hopefully we'll see a bit more over the next few weeks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-10 141447.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-10 141447.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I wrote in the Tresize thread about the game being something of a non event after qtr time

Smith did a couple of really nice things in the first qtr

like Tresize and Brown , i'd say he's a chance for the last game of the year
and a nice prospect for next year

Another great game by Kaleb today. Just puts himself in the right spots down back.

He reminds me of Baker with better foot skills.

Reactions: 5 users
Dangerous word potential, however Smith, Trezise, Brown give us potentially the start of a new quality backline , ad in Miller , Balta and Blight and a couple of the old lads and we may be ok going forward

Reactions: 1 users
Dangerous word potential, however Smith, Trezise, Brown give us potentially the start of a new quality backline , ad in Miller , Balta and Blight and a couple of the old lads and we may be ok going forward
Yep.Backline is the one area we are looking good. Hopefully add Gibcus too

Reactions: 2 users
From reports Kaleb had a good game at VFL. I know he is though of as essentially a halfback but I would drop Short and try Kaleb in his position next week. At least he would bring some hardness and drive so sadly lacking in Shorts game right now

Yep.Backline is the one area we are looking good. Hopefully add Gibcus too
Backline still going to get us nowhere. Can’t base our next dynasty on Miller, Young and Blight. Balta is still not totally reliable, Vlausty has couple of years left and Gibcus is a Hail Mary from now on given his injury dramas