Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Saw this thread and got excited thinking he was asking to be on the trade table with everyone else that apparently (yet unproven) wants out.....................................................:))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This is a situation that shows that you just can't slap a VC next to someone's name and expect them to suddenly show leadership.

I'm sure Jayden is a great guy off field, but he hasn't shown leadership qualities on field previously.

Aggression, tackling, 1 percenters. These are the DNA of leaders.

Short isn't a leader.

Reactions: 7 users
This bloke is stealing a living as an AFL footballer. An absolute embarrassment. He should be the first one out the door, he’s got no ticker for the fight.

And this club is going to be in one hell of a fight for the next half-decade.

Reactions: 1 user
This is a situation that shows that you just can't slap a VC next to someone's name and expect them to suddenly show leadership.

I'm sure Jayden is a great guy off field, but he hasn't shown leadership qualities on field previously.

Short isn't a leader.
I reckon Dye'ere made a great point about Short being poorly coached a few weeks ago. Short has plenty of AFL quality attributes. His running efforts are great and he is (generally) a very good kick when he has a target. But he so often runs to the wrong side of his teammate, and often looks like he is simply padding his stats with possessions and metres gained. He rarely lowers his eyes when looking forward (he does for the sideways stuff in the back half, often because he wants the ball back). I cannot recall seeing him look to hit up a leading forward target when kicking forward of centre. It is almost exclusively a long bomb to a contest. He is playing like it is still 2019 or 2020, bomb it long and trap it inside 50. So in some ways it probably is on the coaches that he has not appeared to adjust his game.

FWIW, IMO he has always been a poor defender and soft at the contest. That has never changed. But it stands out even more now that we have the ball camped in our D50 more.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Dimma, don’t worry about Daniel, here’s the Jack Dyer medalist, triple premiership player, mature aged, vice captain player you need! Get on to it!

Short isn't a leader.
I don’t think we have any genuine leaders, and Short is definitely not one.
It’s like he has forgotten how to play football