Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

The tackle on Chol i think it was where he only grabbed his jumper instead of wrapping his arms around him & bringing him to the ground was woeful.

Yesterday he was fine, 29 touches and didn't turn the ball over or make any mistakes.

Not bringing a down a 200cm 105kg key forward in a tackle, by god, you know who the darlings are on here.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think we have any genuine leaders, and Short is definitely not one.
It’s like he has forgotten how to play football
It’s more a case of he only knows how to play front-running football. He’s got a few mates in the same boat.

Here’s hoping the club have noticed also and are prioritising moving these types on over the off season. They are not the right type of players for a club in our position. We need fighters, and we need blokes who want to strive to be better (regardless of their experience level).

I see someone like Short make the same mistakes week in week out, who won’t put his body on the line week in week out… this type of player is absolutely useless to us at the moment.

The tackle on Marbs was insipid. Should have been benched for that. Completely unacceptable for a senior player to do that.
The problem was he was only 3/4 pace for most of the chase back, when you watched the replay from the goal side he only sprinted towards the very end so wasn't really close enough to trap the arms. Whether he would have or not is another thing, tackling is not a trademark. Didn't commit early enough to a serious chase.

Reactions: 1 user
The problem was he was only 3/4 pace for most of the chase back, when you watched the replay from the goal side he only sprinted towards the very end so wasn't really close enough to trap the arms. Whether he would have or not is another thing, tackling is not a trademark. Didn't commit early enough to a serious chase.
Yeah you can forgive not being able to bring down someone bigger than you to an extent, but not when the effort wasn't there.

Marbs is a lazy front runner always looking for the easy put the back goal. Way too many times he was on his own doing his seagull act.

Yesterday he was fine, 29 touches and didn't turn the ball over or make any mistakes.

Not bringing a down a 200cm 105kg key forward in a tackle, by god, you know who the darlings are on here.
Ha ha. If I had access to the replay and had good editing skills could show you multiple instances of poor physical efforts, running to the wrong side of teammates and bombing long to no one in particular.

Typical Short game, kick it long, gain metres, leak goals, lose contests. You love him, you often give him votes for that sort of stuff.

Mansell makes that tackle every time.

I also note you have long been a Rioli critic & Short fan, let's see how the professional AFL community value these 2 players.

In the dying seconds of the game he had a 1 on 1 marking contest with the midget teenager Watson. He had pole position where he had the midget under the flight and he just needed to stand up and take the mark. But true to form he soiled his pants put up an arm and the ball sailed passed and marked by another hawk.

Reactions: 2 users
Ha ha. If I had access to the replay and had good editing skills could show you multiple instances of poor physical efforts, running to the wrong side of teammates and bombing long to no one in particular.

Typical Short game, kick it long, gain metres, leak goals, lose contests. You love him, you often give him votes for that sort of stuff.

Mansell makes that tackle every time.

I also note you have long been a Rioli critic & Short fan, let's see how the professional AFL community value these 2 players.
You note absolute garbage.

Think yesterday may have been the first or second time I've given him votes all year.

I'm a Riloi fan. Talked up his character of giving everything despite probably leaving just last week. And I've said Short has gone backwards and had a very average year and would move him on if possible. But he is chronically undervalued on here, the only premiership year best and fairest winner to have it described as a McDonalds voucher but the PRE faithful. Rioli is savagely overrated on PRE, talked about like we are trading prime Chris Judd but that doesnt' matter. he is an extremely good offensive-back flanker who doesn't defend well nor run both ways consistently but neither do the majority of attacking-back flankers. And Short has had a very average year compared to other years and needs to get his physicality back to what it has been. But two-time premiership players, best and fairest winners in premiership years, All Australian squad players deserve more respect than the PRE Illuminati gives out.

You note absolute garbage.

Think yesterday may have been the first or second time I've given him votes all year.

I'm a Riloi fan. Talked up his character of giving everything despite probably leaving just last week. And I've said Short has gone backwards and had a very average year and would move him on if possible. But he is chronically undervalued on here, the only premiership year best and fairest winner to have it described as a McDonalds voucher but the PRE faithful. Rioli is savagely overrated on PRE, talked about like we are trading prime Chris Judd but that doesnt' matter. he is an extremely good offensive-back flanker who doesn't defend well nor run both ways consistently but neither do the majority of attacking-back flankers. And Short has had a very average year compared to other years and needs to get his physicality back to what it has been. But two-time premiership players, best and fairest winners in premiership years, All Australian squad players deserve more respect than the PRE Illuminati gives out.
Yeh, sorry critic was the wrong word to use. You think Rioli overrated here and Short underrated.

BTW Short has never had physicality. Ever.

It's the zerg effect of our downward spiral. Every little issue gets blown up because of the frustration of being non-competitive.
Everyone bucks, all of the time by default. We make exceptions for the positive. (Royal we used...personally the approach *smile* s me to tears, but I wouldn't pretend I haven't done it at some point either).

Yeh, sorry critic was the wrong word to use. You think Rioli overrated here and Short underrated.

BTW Short has never had physicality. Ever.
That's a fair summary. Doesn't mean I don't rate Rioli.

Short is what 82kg? He is never going to be a force but there was a time when he just went straight ahead, has lost that confidence.

8 of his 29 were kick ins.
4 of Vlastuins 24 were.
1 of DRiolis 21 were.

More worrying was when Nank had a kick on the wing and Short was on his own 20m ahead flapping. Nank completely ignored him and you could tell by their looks the respect had gone.

I think the in the back tackle rules also played a factor, but agree it looked very poor.
I was very close to it live.
For some reason Short dropped his knees before wrapping his arms around Chol and could only manage to hold on to his jumper. Thought straight away it was lack of intent.
No way Mansell lets Chol kick that with such ease if at all.