Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Won three contests in ten minutes. (Third quarter?) Big ones. Made position and used the ball conservatively after. Did not start well but found some form.

There's no law that prevents players from improving. It's up to Yze and Short from here.

Reactions: 3 users
Good interview. Interesting point about Lynch virtually missing 2 years actually gives his body another 2 years to play (i.e. less wearing out)
I've heard that logic before, and never understood it.

Anyone here have a body that stayed 21 because you weren't playing AFL?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Short's best form as a small defender was before Rioli went to half back as a distributor & key playmaker.
Once Hardwick moved him up the ground he lost his way a bit & has struggled to find his place since.
Can argue whether he deserved his JDM or not but one thing is for sure is he was playing significantly better footy in our successful era than he is currently.

Has he been exposed or is he just another snr player who's looking for a new challenge after climbing the mountain?
I have been quite surprised not to hear his name mentioned in any trade discussions but perhaps it's his contract that's prevented that which still has 3 years remaining.
At 28 years of age, Jayden as a very snr player should be playing his best footy. He's not.
I found his form this season overall bordering on mediocre to poor. He looked disengaged at times and his disposal was too often panicky & sloppy.
leadership as a VC was lacking.
Can he turn it around? I dunno but if Yze didn't put a bit of heat on him in his exited interview to do so I'd be very surprised.
Need him to lift big time.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Short's best form as a small defender was before Rioli went to half back as a distributor & key playmaker.
Once Hardwick moved him up the ground he lost his way a bit & has struggled to find his place since.
Can argue whether he deserved his JDM or not but one thing is for sure is he was playing significantly better footy in our successful era than he is currently.

Has he been exposed or is he just another snr player who's looking for a new challenge after climbing the mountain?
I have been quite surprised not to hear his name mentioned in any trade discussions but perhaps it's his contract that's prevented that which still has 3 years remaining.
At 28 years of age, Jayden as a very snr player should be playing his best footy. He's not.
I found his form this season overall bordering on mediocre to poor. He looked disengaged at times and his disposal was too often panicky & sloppy.
Can he turn it around? I dunno but if Yze didn't put a bit of heat on him in his exited interview to do so I'd be very surprised.
Well summed up, Short’s decline was huge considering at his age he should be playing his best footy. Let’s hope he can recapture his old form in 2025.

Reactions: 3 users
Most of our premiership players look about the same to my eye regardless of team performance, but Shorty has looked out of form at times lately.

Hopefully he bounces back next year, as his experience and leadership will be even more valuable if we lose a handful of his peers.

He'll get 25-30 off hbf consistently as the attacking runner.
With Rioli leaving I to see that he will return to being top runner out of defence for us again. If he does it will make us a lot more competitive next year (still would expect a bottom 4 finish in 2025).

Reactions: 1 users
No longer a place for stat padding contact avoiding panic merchants.

Another one who got a long term contract and we are now stuck with him.
Brings zero onfield leadership and we have very promising kids needing his hb spot.

Reactions: 1 user

How much is short to blame, how much is it our game style falling over because we have nothing up field to kick to?

Prefer we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. He can be saved and brought back to form.

How much is short to blame, how much is it our game style falling over because we have nothing up field to kick to?

Prefer we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. He can be saved and brought back to form.
Agree not a priority to trade, another year maybe.