Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

It is truly funny that some on here ping Shorty for daring not to finish top five in the JDM

In an era where we won three flags

And had top liners Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Prestia, Grimes, Lynch etc in their pomp

Is Lambert not a star then?

Grigg? Broad? Vlastuin? Astbury?

Rioli? The player many on here rightly drool over?

And then - oh, sweet lord and then - the same people explain away short’s top five finish in 2020 as attributable to losing a close loved one.

Not, ya know, as the apex of very good form over several years.

The madness in this thread is astounding.

Seasoned posters showing they are poor judges. Very poor.

Reactions: 1 users
You are just confirming what others are saying? He played with a star studded team. The way he played was perfect for the game plan.

He has weaknesses that are being exposed. Often.

Reactions: 1 user
You are just confirming what others are saying? He played with a star studded team. The way he played was perfect for the game plan.

He has weaknesses that are being exposed. Often.

What are you smoking?

The concept is that premiership teams have stars on every line

Such depth that you couldn’t hope to finish top five JDM every single year

Difficult for you to grasp?

You have simply jumped on the nearest bandwagon, as is your wont

No doubt Short was a valuable player during our dynasty and had an outstanding year in his bnf year. However, this year he has been a stinky steaming pile of donkey *smile*.

Reactions: 3 users
Short was a star

Martin was a star (and more)

See what I’m doing here?

Is a player allowed to have a career with the requisite peak of form?

Why does Shorty get some flat line of mediocrity with 2020 explained away as an anomaly driven by grief?

Crazy

So “outside of 2020” Shorty was just a “role player”

Good. Lord.

Leysy you need an intervention. This is pretty spectacular garbage.

Chillax dude - Why the hyperbole and put downs. We're on a website typing about a footballer.

And through our dynasty - we had the drivers - Dusty, Rance, Chimp, Eddie, Grimes, Bachar, Meatball, Tom, Jack, Nank etc.

And the players supporting them (or role players) that delivered outstanding impact in their own ways - Lablett, Astbury, Broad, Ellis, George, KMac, Bakes, Rioli and yes Short.

Not sure how that is such a big statement needing an intervention.

Reactions: 7 users
Lol he is still the exact same player he has always been. People talking as if he is having a bad year totally laughable.
The truth is people talked him up so much for so long that they cannot bring themselves to say they were WWWRRRONG.

It really is saying something but give me Brandon even shorter steps any day.

Just about the most horrible player i have ever seen. He is definately the most over rated.
Role player is being too kind.

Lol he is still the exact same player he has always been. People talking as if he is having a bad year totally laughable.
The truth is people talked him up so much for so long that they cannot bring themselves to say they were WWWRRRONG.

It really is saying something but give me Brandon even shorter steps any day.

Just about the most horrible player i have ever seen. He is definately the most over rated.
Role player is being too kind.
Seriously your vitriol suggests Short slept with your girlfriend.

Reactions: 2 users
Chillax dude - Why the hyperbole and put downs. We're on a website typing about a footballer.

And through our dynasty - we had the drivers - Dusty, Rance, Chimp, Eddie, Grimes, Bachar, Meatball, Tom, Jack, Nank etc.

And the players supporting them (or role players) that delivered outstanding impact in their own ways - Lablett, Astbury, Broad, Ellis, George, KMac, Bakes, Rioli and yes Short.

Not sure how that is such a big statement needing an intervention.

nice try but no.

hyperbole is saying Short had one good season.

pretty big clanger I would've thought and you've been called on it.

• Haha
He’s actually been awful for two seasons now and for a senior player he’s been a disappointment.
JDM are voted differently and even Dan Jackson won one in a star studded line up. Having champions around you like Short makes your game look a lot better than it actually is as they cover for your weaknesses and allow your strengths to shine.
Short was always an outside player and that matched our ferocious high pressure system as he was our release valve who would finish off the their hard work. It was needed and it looked bloody exciting. He’s now been exposed without them , just like a few others and why we need to get quality back in the team.

I don’t really like or follow threads that to me are bagging individual players excessively. I’ve felt the same about criticism of Shorty, to me it has been excessive.

It first ignores his role in the team which is to get to as many contests in the back half and up to the midfield he can and be the outlet and distribute. He’s been a good player in that role for us over a decent period of time.

On Saturday I was frustrated by his game. He fumbled a few times and he made 2-3 really poor decisions with the ball and executed badly. I’ve been frustrated watching him for much of the season but I think his form has dipped even more. His ball handling was usually pretty good, but right now it isn’t.

Shorty is a confident person, by all reports a talker and someone who keeps the morale of the group going. But to me his confidence is shot, he is playing like someone who is doing it hard on the field and is 2nd guessing himself.
Lol so you dont like or follow threads that so called bag individual players excessively. yet here you are not able to leave it alone
contributing to it by excessively defending the indefensible.

Lol so you dont like or follow threads that so called bag individual players excessively. yet here you are not able to leave it alone
contributing to it by excessively defending the indefensible.
I think I explained it but maybe it was a bit difficult for you to understand.
I don’t like reading post after post of relentless bagging. Don’t see the point. Also bagging is easy, especially behind a keyboard.
I was just offering an opinion on why short’s form may have dipped, but if you see that as excessively defending the indefensible then that’s up to you. You’d be wrong though.

Last edited:
He’s actually been awful for two seasons now and for a senior player he’s been a disappointment.
JDM are voted differently and even Dan Jackson won one in a star studded line up. Having champions around you like Short makes your game look a lot better than it actually is as they cover for your weaknesses and allow your strengths to shine.
Short was always an outside player and that matched our ferocious high pressure system as he was our release valve who would finish off the their hard work. It was needed and it looked bloody exciting. He’s now been exposed without them , just like a few others and why we need to get quality back in the team.
Curious? Is it just coincidental that you and Tigerwa joined Punt Rd within a day of each other this year?On this thread it seems you are co-joined twins?

• Wow
Curious? Is it just coincidental that you and Tigerwa joined Punt Rd within a day of each other this year?On this thread it seems you are co-joined twins?
You have made such an effort for a moot point. Curious ? Do you suffer from paranoia and insecurity to go to such ridiculous extremes. Stick to the theme please and stop playing the man. If you can’t debate the topic then best to say nothing as it weakens any arguments you have in this thread.

Last edited:
You have made such an effort for a moot point. Curious ? Do you suffer from paranoia and insecurity to go to such ridiculous extremes. Stick to the theme please and stop playing the man. If you can’t debate the topic then best to say nothing as it weakens any arguments you have in this thread.

Same weird writing style, joined at the same time, same bizarre vendetta against one player.

CASE CLOSED

Reactions: 1 users
Same weird writing style, joined at the same time, same bizarre vendetta against one player.

CASE CLOSED
Meh. Just channeling the Night Carter n the Barren One, alter egos n secret identities n stuff.

• Haha

CASE CLOSED
You must be Gold1 as you have same weird writing styles, both paranoid and insecure, same bizarre vendetta against posters who have different views to you and bully and harass them with allegations so you can push your own agenda.

CASE CLOSED.