Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Fair enough and it’s a funny way to ascertain whether someone is a good bloke. 😂

Like me ascertaining whether you are a good bloke from the only interaction I have with you, which is your posting on here.

So if a person like Jack the Ripper smiles and says hi to me then it’s a good indication he must be a good bloke.? 😂

Case in point. I do like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but some people do make it very hard.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
No club in the country is trading for Short Scoop. None.

He is on good money until 2027. ZERO clubs would be interested in taking his contract on.

He's been found out.
Get out of town, he'd be on 650-700, that's standard wage these days.

You would get it done easily.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if we can stooge anyone into trading for him? Not sure other clubs are that dumb.

Trading him should be the #1 priority in the off season. No one is giving us worse output relative to his salary than this fraud.

We may have to pay half his freight - never good but it’ll be money well spent.

Reactions: 1 users
There has been a groundswell of love for Kaleb Smith to play Short's role. We saw today that's not really who Kaleb Smith is. Smith is a competitor. Likes and can win a contest. He's not a natural sagger. Not to say he can't learn. Good type. And he's not mature player.

One bloke we might try in the role is Juddy.
Im not sure we need someone to play "Short's role". Instead we need multiple guys coming off half back who can run when it is there turn. and defend when it is there turn.
DRioli is a pretty good example (even if he is a bit too aggressive coming off his man at times.)

If Smith can run with the ball and deliver when it is his turn, next to DRioli, and maybe Brown getting more involved, we can still generate the run needed. IMO.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just be careful Scooper - We have your posts running down Josh Treacy in our back pocket. :X3:

Wait, the guy who cried over Andrew Collins leaving and told everyone he would be better than Shaun Grigg is bringing up track records?

Wait, the guy who is telling everyone Samson Ryan will be a star is bringing up track records?

No mirrors in Leysy Home? It's the echo chamber cause you all need to turn the hearing aids up to hear each other's nonsense.

Bigger version of Waldorf and Stadler.

Last edited:
Trading him should be the #1 priority in the off season. No one is giving us worse output relative to his salary than this fraud.

We may have to pay half his freight - never good but it’ll be money well spent.

Perhaps we could offer Short and a second/ third rounder for someone to take him... :))

Honestly if you think our team isn’t having a dip then you aren’t watching.
Lol dont people dare criticise poor old ooze. It has not been easy lay off. LOL.

The last three weeks the tackling discrepancy has been -21, -23, and a whopping -40 three games ago. This week we layed an amasing 34 tackles a new season low.
Not only are we not tackling when we do we are poor at it.

Not sure about you but tackling is one of the easiest basics in the game and if ooze can't even get that right what hope for anything else.

Am i being critical ? damn right i am. Why wouldn't ya be.

Nope not all of our players are dinkum just have a look who this thread is about there is plenty of others.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol dont people dare criticise poor old ooze. It has not been easy lay off. LOL.

The last three weeks the tackling discrepancy has been -21, -23, and a whopping -40 three games ago. This week we layed an amasing 34 tackles a new season low.

Not sure about you but tackling is one of the easiest basics in the game and if ooze can't even get that right what hope for anything else.

Nope not all of our players are dinkum just have a look who this thread is about there is plenty of others.
I don't care if there are plenty of others because I am allowed my opinion just as you are. I was posting about our players having a dip and they were. I could see it with my own eyes yesterday.

I was at the game, not sure if you were, but one big reason we had such a tackle discrepency is not about intent it is about ball movement. Our ball movement is clunky and time after time our players get caught and the ball movement is disrupted whereas we were not disrupting Collingwood's ball movement, they were consistently able to get the ball to the next player in an advantage and we weren't.

What I saw were players working incredibly hard chasing but not getting to tackle because their ball movement and teamwork was much better than ours. We also have a lot of young bodies and their tackles get broken more than seasoned veterans. Looking at tackling stats without looking at why is too simplistic imo.

I look at yesterday's game and it was just another example of a general theme. We get plenty of the ball, we have plenty of opportunities but we just aren't good enough at the moment. I was thinking after the game about scoring opportunities so I had a look at the stats and sure enough we had more inside 50s and we had 29 shots on goal to 26 and we kicked 9 goals to their 14, we had multiple OOF. This is the thing to me, we get opportunities and we can't take them because our ball movement and skill level is poor at the moment. If we lacked intent and effort we wouldn't be getting the opportunities.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
I don't care if there are plenty of others because I am allowed my opinion just as you are. I was posting about our players having a dip and they were. I could see it with my own eyes yesterday.

I was at the game, not sure if you were, but one big reason we had such a tackle discrepency is not about intent it is about ball movement. Our ball movement is clunky and time after time our players get caught and the ball movement is disrupted whereas we were not disrupting Collingwood's ball movement, they were consistently able to get the able to the next player in an advantage and we weren't.

What I saw were players working incredibly hard chasing but not getting to tackle because their ball movement and teamwork was much better than ours. We also have a lot of young bodies and their tackles get broken more than seasoned veterans. Looking at tackling stats without looking at why is too simplistic imo.

I look at yesterday's game and it was just another example of a general theme. We get plenty of the ball, we have plenty of opportunities but we just aren't good enough at the moment. I was thinking after the game about scoring opportunities so I had a look at the stats and sure enough we had more inside 50s and we had 29 shots on goal to 26 and we kicked 9 goals to their 14, we had multiple OOF. This is the thing to me, we get opportunities and we can't take them because our ball movement and skill level is poor at the moment. If we lacked intent and effort we wouldn't be getting the opportunities.
was at the game and couldn't have said it better
expected score of a 4 point loss statistically backs this up - it's composure, skill, a bit of luck (score reviews) etc. etc.
there are some muppet arm tackles / technique / effort issues too - but that's more the minority than the main thing

was at the game and couldn't have said it better
expected score of a 4 point loss statistically backs this up - it's composure, skill, a bit of luck (score reviews) etc. etc.
there are some muppet arm tackles / technique / effort issues too - but that's more the minority than the main thing
The thing that disappointed me the most yesterday Roar was not effort, it was the lack of dare with the ball, especially our kicking. It was like we lost our nerve after a couple of stuff ups and that was disappointing after having some success with it the week before.
I would have rather lost by trying to be brave that going conservative like we did.

Reactions: 7 users
From who? Four blokes on an internet board? Echo chamber.

I would. Looks like he needs afresh start. Pick under 30 in this draft would be good. Clubs will be interested.

I do laugh at how some blokes are invaluable and untradeable culture pieces who have reached the heights of Short.
He’s contracted. To get anything under 30 we’d have to give them Short and something back.

The thing that disappointed me the most yesterday Roar was not effort, it was the lack of dare with the ball, especially our kicking. It was like we lost our nerve after a couple of stuff ups and that was disappointing after having some success with it the week before.
I would have rather lost by trying to be brave that going conservative like we did.
Yeah agree, very very stop start.

Saw a couple of times where the Richmond player took the mark, and then was called to play on by the umpire.
We looked better when we played on, but only did so because we were made to.

Yeah. That was noticeable and a bit of a worry. Can't fault the effort. Decision making... At times .. Meh.

I was at the game, not sure if you were, but one big reason we had such a tackle discrepency is not about intent it is about ball movement. Our ball movement is clunky and time after time our players get caught and the ball movement is disrupted whereas we were not disrupting Collingwood's ball movement, they were consistently able to get the ball to the next player in an advantage and we weren't.

Great post. I didn't go yesterday, cost, if it was a home game I'd have been there, but this is the same as we have seen for much of the season but the armchair supporters all rage about effort. You can see the effort at the ground.

If Yze can't get that right ??.
Tackling, pressure and intensity is all on the players nothing to do with coaching or skills in bush footy or afl. I call it bluggering instead.

The tracking stats support this. We were on par with Pies for distance covered and work rate of players and quite superior in sprint distance covered and repeat sprints. I don't really think desire has been a problem as a whole except for a distinct couple of obvious players.

Yeah agree, very very stop start.

Saw a couple of times where the Richmond player took the mark, and then was called to play on by the umpire.
We looked better when we played on, but only did so because we were made to.
It was frustrating because we had lots of opportunities to go quick and I noticed far too many times that we didn’t because there was risk. You could almost see the minds work, they hesitate and as soon as that happens the opportunity is gone.

Reactions: 2 users