Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Failure by the club and ouze to do nothing about this bloke does have you question if he is the man for the job.

Atm id be happy to cop 100 point thrashing as long we tackled and pressured and EVERYONE had a dip.
We aren't even getting those basics.

Reactions: 2 users
There has been a groundswell of love for Kaleb Smith to play Short's role. We saw today that's not really who Kaleb Smith is. Smith is a competitor. Likes and can win a contest. He's not a natural sagger. Not to say he can't learn. Good type. And he's not mature player.

One bloke we might try in the role is Juddy.
Kaleb just needs to pull the trigger and not procrastinate, he should channel the Daniel Rioli mantra,

Reactions: 2 users
There has been a groundswell of love for Kaleb Smith to play Short's role.
From who? Four blokes on an internet board? Echo chamber.

I would. Looks like he needs afresh start. Pick under 30 in this draft would be good. Clubs will be interested.

I do laugh at how some blokes are invaluable and untradeable culture pieces who have reached the heights of Short.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Sat next to Jayden’s mum today at the game & she was loverly & great to chat too.

All the non playing players were around us as well & was interesting to see all their responses to a goal or certain parts of the game.

Got to speak to young Blight & seems a ripping kid.

Reactions: 10 users
Kaleb just needs to pull the trigger and not procrastinate, he should channel the Daniel Rioli mantra,
Exactly. How about in the last quarter when Balta marked in front and then just went go. The ball went to the wing and then the player who received the ball did the same thing and the next thing you know the ball is in our forward line in 20 seconds........run and dare is the key. They need to be coached to go with the first instinct when looking to kick or handball. When it works they will grow enormous confidence and when it doesn't work they can learn. At the moment not many players are gaining confidence because they are not taking risks and they are making the same mistakes so obviously not learning much!

Reactions: 1 users
I would. Looks like he needs afresh start. Pick under 30 in this draft would be good. Clubs will be interested.

No club in the country is trading for Short Scoop. None.

He is on good money until 2027. ZERO clubs would be interested in taking his contract on.

He's been found out.

Reactions: 4 users
Short is a fantastic bloke but his game has fallen off a cliff, very little impact, ineffective!
How is he a fantastic bloke ? Don’t know how you’ve come up with that notion based on what I’ve heard. He’s an immature bloke and thinks he’s FIGJAM. The type of bloke that would have pictures of himself in his bathroom .

How is he a fantastic bloke ? Don’t know how you’ve come up with that notion based on what I’ve heard. He’s an immature bloke and thinks he’s FIGJAM. The type of bloke that would have pictures of himself in his bathroom .
Because he hasn't got his head stuck up his arse and always takes the time to say g'day to a pleb like me at training.
That's good enough to be a good bloke in my books but you are entitled to your own opinion,

Reactions: 21 users
Because he hasn't got his head stuck up his arse and always takes the time to say g'day to a pleb like me at training.
That's good enough to be a good bloke in my books but you are entitled to your own opinion,
Fair enough and it’s a funny way to ascertain whether someone is a good bloke. 😂

Last edited:
Fair enough and it’s a funny way to ascertain whether someone is a good bloke. 😂

How you treat people you don't know is a good first indicator of what kind of person you are.

Shorty was a great contributor in our flag years, like many he's suffering through the current transition. He's probably not as good as I thought he was and not as bad as he looks right now.

I'd trade him if we can but might be hard due to his contract situation.

Reactions: 5 users
Failure by the club and ouze to do nothing about this bloke does have you question if he is the man for the job.

Atm id be happy to cop 100 point thrashing as long we tackled and pressured and EVERYONE had a dip.
We aren't even getting those basics.
Honestly if you think our team isn’t having a dip then you aren’t watching.

Reactions: 5 users
How you treat people you don't know is a good first indicator of what kind of person you are.

Shorty was a great contributor in our flag years, like many he's suffering through the current transition. He's probably not as good as I thought he was and not as bad as he looks right now.

I'd trade him if we can but might be hard due to his contract situation.
So if a person like Jack the Ripper smiles and says hi to me then it’s a good indication he must be a good bloke.? 😂

I don’t care about Short’s past as it’s irrelevant as he’s on a large deal to perform to it and is not delivering atm. He’s been diabolical and a poor role model to the young kids. That failing to contest the ball in the air a couple of weeks ago and then slagging off at Nankervis afterwards and other players during games tells me exactly the type of person he is. I’m sorry he needs to be singled out as his leadership should be removed from him based on his immaturity and incompetence on the field. The minute people make excuses for a constantly underperforming player or member of the RFC is the minute we have a problem. If you’re part of the RFC and you’re not delivering then you should be open to criticism as that’s not what you’re paid to do.

To get him to somewhere else, reckon we'd have to eat a bit of his salary. Given we are in re build mode and will have a bunch of kids the next few years, it may be possible ie the twixt and between of keeping Short and paying over the odds and meeting minimum salary cap requirements v dumping off Short, paying a bit of his salary, continuing to meet minimum cap requirements, but getting another pick in to accelerate our re build.

I'm sure Hartley would be thinking the pros and cons over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users