Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Well here is an idea for all the Short haters.Play him half forward in a punting role.Reckon he would kick four and who knows we might pass 80 points for the game.
Or he’ll scream past the mark for the cheap handball, only to blaze away for points each time instead of letting his mate have a set shot for goal.

One of his trademarks.

Reactions: 1 user
Or he’ll scream past the mark for the cheap handball, only to blaze away for points each time instead of letting his mate have a set shot for goal.

One of his trademarks.
between you and Tigerwa I think we get the drift you want Short out.

Shorty- meh whatever.

Now that Danny is a good permanent half-back playing the "quarterback" role, I could live with trading him.

As a forward, never. Not for anything.

I used to love watching the unnoticed clever things he did with the true Rioli magic.

Came into his prime as a footballer and played very well in the easier position in 2022.

If Dimma or anyone else recruits him as a creative crumbing forward, I'll be devastated.

I was miserable when Tyson, Higgo and Danny Butler left too. (Just love the forwards.)

Still missing Jackmond too.

between you and Tigerwa I think we get the drift you want Short out.
100%. no pulling punches here. i have thought it for years.
My view on this year is we need to look at what kids we have as much as possible, not play blokes who cannot lead from the front and he should be leading from the front. His avoidance of contact is cringeworthy and a disgrace for a bloke in the leadership group.
The other thing is who really thinks he will be a part of any future success.
Imv he is actually stopping us developing young players simply because we play him in front of better rounded youngsters who need the experience to grow.

We are yet to hit bottom imo. So just how long do people realistically expect it will take us to draft, then get enough games into a new core.
I can honestly say it will be longer than 5 years.

We either embrace a rebuild or continue to kid ourselves. It is that simple. Atm most think we can just bring in a few f/a"s or trade in a few and we will contend again. !!!!!!

It is the Jayden Short thread so all those who still want to play this muppet in front of Smith and Trezise for starters tell me why.
Please don't give avoidance answers like he is a premiership player or he won a best and fairest. He has been the same for years.
I don't know if anyone is counting but this year will year four since we won a flag and we are wondering if we have even bottomed out yet.

Imagine he is a 19 yo along with the other two Smith Trezise, what does he do better ? apart from rack up cheap kicks. Cheapies that he generally goes on to use poorly.

There's an old saying your only as good as your last game. In Shorts case it goes way beyond that.

My view on this year is we need to look at what kids we have as much as possible, not play blokes who cannot lead from the front and he should be leading from the front. His avoidance of contact is cringeworthy and a disgrace for a bloke in the leadership group.
Imv he is actually stopping us developing young players simply because we play him in front of better rounded youngsters who need the experience to grow.

We are yet to hit bottom imo. So just how long do people realistically expect it will take us to draft, then get enough games into a new core.

We either embrace a rebuild or continue to kid ourselves. It is that simple. Atm most think we can just bring in a few f/a"s or trade in a few and we will contend again. !!!!!!

It is the Jayden Short thread so all those who still want to play this muppet in front of Smith and Trezise for starters tell me why.
Please don't give avoidance answers like he is a premiership player or he won a best and fairest. He has been the same for years.
I don't know if anyone is counting but this year will year four since we won a flag and we are wondering if we have even bottomed out yet.

Imagine he is a 19 yo along with the other two Smith Trezise, what does he do better ? apart from rack up cheap kicks. Cheapies that he generally goes on to use poorly.

There's an old saying your only as good as your last game. In Shorts case it goes way beyond that.
As previously mentioned you want him out and made that quite clear.IMO you are way over the top.Lucky we are not on the selection committee.

So you’re calling Jack Dyer Medallist a muppet premiership player an muppet. All from behind a keyboard? What courage. People like you cause mental health issues.

How people defend him lol been liability the answer move him forward. The answer is trade him.

How people defend him lol been liability the answer move him forward. The answer is trade him.
Got votes from others here in 6 matches this year.Not to mention the media votes in RECENT times.Yea sure a real liability.The root cause why we cannot score more than 60 points a game. Think you need to look elsewhere for the sides demise.

Got votes from others here in 6 matches this year.Not to mention the media votes in RECENT times.Yea sure a real liability.The root cause why we cannot score more than 60 points a game. Think you need to look elsewhere for the sides demise.
Yeah cheap possies and handballs. How about you mention his turnovers and brain fades ?. All this in leadership group and a senior player.

Yeah cheap possies and handballs. How about you mention his turnovers and brain fades ?. All this in leadership group and a senior player.
Yea he is also responsible for all the turnovers the side makes.The only stat where we are number one in the league.And brain fades?Think you can put one or two of our stars ahead of him in recent times.

Yea he is also responsible for all the turnovers the side makes.The only stat where we are number one in the league.And brain fades?Think you can put one or two of our stars ahead of him in recent times.
I didn't say all. We're talking about Short. The fact is his been poor for 2 seasons now and gets the easy possessions that make his stats go wow.

All the turnovers? Wow.

So if we get rid of him, then we won't turn over the ball at all? Amazing!

This is peak PRE.

think you need to read a couple of earlier posts to stay on message!
Apologies, I didn't realize the sarcasm.

However, this thread is so totally off the rails that the post kind of blended in!

Last edited:
For all the cries of “premiership player”… “Jack Dyer Medallist” - your form lines are a bit out of date chaps. About 4 years out of date. Does everyone who plays in a premiership for us automatically have a job for life?

This bloke has straight up bludged for the past 2 seasons at least. At a time when he’s needed to lift his performances and efforts as a senior player. At a time of need for the club. He’s just swanned around playing bruise-free football, picking up a pay cheque.

Moving on players like him will be a real litmus test this off-season. Is our club willing to make a few of these “tough calls” in order to right the ship?

Reactions: 1 users
For all the cries of “premiership player”… “Jack Dyer Medallist” - your form lines are a bit out of date chaps. About 4 years out of date. Does everyone who plays in a premiership for us automatically have a job for life?

This bloke has straight up bludged for the past 2 seasons at least. At a time when he’s needed to lift his performances and efforts as a senior player. At a time of need for the club. He’s just swanned around playing bruise-free football, picking up a pay cheque.

Moving on players like him will be a real litmus test this off-season. Is our club willing to make a few of these “tough calls” in order to right the ship?
Form lines out of date???????Really? Ranked 5th best amongst the Tigers so far this season.Last year had his injury problems but still contributed in the top third of Tiger players.So you want to right the ship? Think there are others that come first in this Titanic of seasons.

Apologies, I didn't realize the sarcasm.

However, this thread is so totally off the rails that the post kind of blended in!
Heh heh and I haven’t even posted anything yet.
Usually I get the blame if a thread goes off the rails. I was nearly getting a complex :giggle:

Carry on!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users