Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

This year's top 25 is all rated highly.
Apprantly next year it isn't as deep.
Attack now!

*In saying that if they feel pick 22 isn't any chop try to trade for a 1st rounder next year, yes
They're rated evenly, not necessarily highly, you really don't know until afterwards. I'd be spreading our picks over 2 years and I think we will. If we were to get say 6 round 1 picks, to me it makes more sense to push 2 to next year. That would be 4 first rounders this year, 3 next year. The added benefit is you get a better idea of how those from this year and other youngsters are going which may change the priority of type of player to go for next year.

Reactions: 4 users
First step in this process is to get the trades finalised for players and see what picks we end up with.

Draft picks can be traded right through to the actual player draft and on the draft nights as well

So we get the picks then assess potential players available at each pick and see which picks we can use to move into 2025

Have to get the best deals we can for Bolton, Rioli and Baker first
Yes, my point was it makes sense to split our 1st rounders over 2 seasons, not necessarily what method is used to get it done. Whichever is likely to get the best deal or even both ways.

The bloke wants to go home.
What's the point of picking him?
Do you remember David Williams he wanted to go to Melbourne, we took him in the preseason and he never turned up.
Yes why would we give up our 1st pick in the PSD to redraft someone who wants out? Should be plenty of good prospects to pick from. We don't reay have alot of bargaining power with Baker but clubs generally don't want to rort other clubs as they'll get the favour returned in the future.

Reactions: 1 users
The way i see it these are acceptable options for Baker

Baker + 10 for picl#3
Baker + #39 for pick #13 (Barrass pick) - My preferred option
Baker for #23 +F2

Bolton
Must be atleast #9 + #10 and if they want salary contribution plus another pick

Rioli
We must go for the jugular here and make sure its the 1st deal done before shai
#6 + #12 with Salary paid 50%

Points for Brisbane's 1st rounder #15 - #29 , #47 , #41 , #66 = 1500 points

#1 , #6 , #9 , #10 , #12 , #15 , #21 , #22 (graham compo) + #57
1. FOS
6. Lalor
9, Trainor
10. Hotton
12. Berry
15. Shannahan
22. Dodson
57. Sam Davidson

trade 21, 2025 1st rounder
Jagga or FOS at 3 too.

The bloke wants to go home.
What's the point of picking him?
Do you remember David Williams he wanted to go to Melbourne, we took him in the preseason and he never turned up.
Frekmantle is also in WA if thats his wish

Both clubs have contracts on the table and freo were 1st to want him

Baker would not have had a career if not for Richmond

Reactions: 1 users
Lets just get a pick for Baker and stop trying to get pick 3 because all the top 20 kids are quality.
Reid or Langford would be unreal at 6 or 9

Screenshot_20240909_060845_Samsung Internet.jpg
P.s ohhh 2017 it still hurts for little dyke

Last edited:
Lets just get a pick for Baker and stop trying to get pick 3 because all the top 20 kids are quality.

View attachment 24248
Did anyone ever suggest pick 3 for Baker? I'm seeing headlines like "No deal" about it but was anyone expecting it? If RFC did ask for it at least they are showing some balls.

Did anyone ever suggest pick 3 for Baker? I'm seeing headlines like "No deal" about it but was anyone expecting it? If RFC did ask for it at least they are showing some balls.
Looks like we could have next Fridays “Sliding Doors” story

View attachment 24248
Still not out of the question that we score pick 3 for Bakes but would have to give back one of the 2 first rounders we are asking off Freo for Bolton. All Pyke has said is, it’s not a straight swap. Which is fair enough.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Still not out of the question that we score pick 3 for Bakes but would have to give back one of the 2 first rounders we are asking off Freo for Bolton. All Pyke has said is, it’s not a straight swap. Which is fair enough.
I'm saying keep the picks.
Fos form has been patchy.
Is he worth 2 1st rounders?.
That's what your saying