Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Id play hard ball with west coast on this one its pick 13 or gagf we hold all the cards because we have pick 1 in the preseason draft so pay up or we take him in the preseason draft, if they send him to the actual draft im happy to pick him up before there 2nd rd pick wich they would use. Mini will want him and jack to be on field leaders and teachers of his game plan. We are in a strong position on all these players that are leaving and we need to be a strong club for once not this hes a good bloke crap and we will help him get to where he wants to go! Time to grow some balls tigers
Who are we playing hardball with Baker!!! He is uncontracted a f/a and wants out. WCE can just say to us here's pick 23 take it or leave it.
Start playing hardball and they may just do that. Liams input into wanting a fair trade for him will hopefully have both parties come to the table with reasonable attitudes.
If we want pick 13 then they may say well we want something coming back our way.

Graham we get what the afl give us. It will depend on how long his contract is and how much each year. Imo it will likely be pick 40 at this stage while hoping for pick 22..

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
The fact that Baker was even considered says a lot about our current plight…good player and clubman but captain….no thanks

Reactions: 2 users
I am very disappointed in Liam, he's Vice Captain of the club & was being courted by 2 clubs mainly because of his perceived leadership. I think he'll be very sorry with his behaviour. I imagine the Weagles will also be a bit miffed when they see the footage. They think they're getting a leader & mentor & he showed none of that last night.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't give a rats toss about Baker Rioli , & Graham .
They have deserted the Tiggs when we need them, l will pack these bags if l knew where they live.

After last night's speeches lm appalled at their total lack of respect of the club THAT gave them the opportunity to play at the highest level .
They OWE the club big time & they can start with a F apology to the Club & membership.
Go forth and F multiply ....
I've never been a fan of Baker besides the kick to jack in the 2020 GF.
Graham is cooked at Punt Rd can't see him improving considering the game is moving to towards fast ball movement.
But Rioli leaving because his misses wants to be Coolio isn't good enough.
If GC don't give up gold, just refuse to let him go.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
He's not a free agent though.
Oopps my bad getting a bit carried away.

Just get annoyed people thinking we have the whip hand with Baker and Graham.

If you were at another club how much would you be prepared to pay Graham over 4 seasons. There is every chance that we will only get pick 40 as compo for him. Imo its not too far off what he is actually worth anyway.

Baker well he is uncontracted what happens 99% of the time in that situation and you have a very obvious answer.

We dont just need to build this year we will be hitting the draft pretty hard in 2025 and 2026 and people are talking about screw over this club screw over that club its madness.

Who are we playing hardball with Baker!!! He is uncontracted a f/a and wants out. WCE can just say to us here's pick 23 take it or leave it.

wrong. he is not a FA. West Coast have to trade to get him.

We also have the number 1 pick in the PSD. So if West Coast can't satisfy us, we can re-draft him.

We are holding all of the cards. Pick 23 is insulting. Pick 13 is not enough.

I agree we hold the whip hand, but pick 13 for Baker is about spot on. He's probably a late first rounder, so anywhere from 15-18 (last quarter of the round). With academies etc, it'll slide to maybe 16.
I'd take that and run.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree we hold the whip hand, but pick 13 for Baker is about spot on. He's probably a late first rounder, so anywhere from 15-18 (last quarter of the round). With academies etc, it'll slide to maybe 16.
I'd take that and run.

Yeah if we get 13 we'll give something back later on.

Reactions: 1 user