Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

I have to say this is weird. Is Ooze really a bad bloke or have some of these seniors really become selfish?
Don't read too much into it. Baker had decided to go, was an eagles supporter as a kid and now knows the coach who has been appointed. Graham had an offer from West Coast and was waiting to see who the coach was.

Don't read too much into it. Baker had decided to go, was an eagles supporter as a kid and now knows the coach who has been appointed. Graham had an offer from West Coast and was waiting to see who the coach was.
That's my point. Who cares what coach gets the job. What makes Mini better for them?

I love Bakes and wish him all the best.

What an amazing rookie draft pick up though.

Dual premiership player who will probably allow us to get 1 of the top 3 draft picks this year to help our much needed rebuild.

Reactions: 2 users
Is that meant to be an either/or question?
No other alternatives?
It seems like they can't accept a new coach in rebuilding and just want to go back to follow the voice of the big brother again. I doubt Mini is going to coach WC the same way he coached us.

It seems like they can't accept a new coach in rebuilding and just want to go back to follow the voice of the big brother again. I doubt Mini is going to coach WC the same way he coached us.
I went to a footy function the other week where Vlastuin was the guest speaker.
He said Yze was a good coach and he likes him.
He said other players just want to go home, or just dont want to go through some tough times possibly over the next couple of years.
I dont think its personal, just unfortunate circumstances for Yze.

Reactions: 6 users
That's my point. Who cares what coach gets the job. What makes Mini better for them?
I am not sure that's what it means for Baker. He was going to Freo or West coast and now he is going to a club where he knows the coach, maybe one of the other candidates wasn't to his liking ? I don't think that has anything to do with Yze.

Maybe the same for Graham ? It always appeared to me that he was going but was just waiting to make sure Atilla the Hun wasn't appointed coach. Who knows?

Reactions: 1 user
I am not sure that's what it means for Baker. He was going to Freo or West coast and now he is going to a club where he knows the coach, maybe one of the other candidates wasn't to his liking ? I don't think that has anything to do with Yze.

Maybe the same for Graham ? It always appeared to me that he was going but was just waiting to make sure Atilla the Hun wasn't appointed coach. Who knows?

I think this is it.

Bakes clearly just wanted to head back to WA, just was all about making sure he was desired by the coach at the Eagles.
I reckon probably similar for Graham (except the go-home) but I reckon he knows what his role in the team at AFL level is, its the defensive workhorse that allows the superstar attacking mid do his thing, we don't have a superstar attacking mid any longer, so that role is currently redundant at the RFC. The Eagles have a superstar attacking mid in Harley Reid, reckon Graham fully understands this role, and knows he can perform it. Asking him to be a mid that he can't is difficult, plus he may have been told to learn a different role etc at the Tiges as we know we are so slow in that mid area, and maybe didn't see the value to him to do that.

Reactions: 2 users