Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Thinking about what Gale said a few years ago about plans too keep the team in the fight similar too Cats(Words too effect).
GWS came into the comp and had 11 1st rnd picks in their 1st draft.
2-3 yrs on they came up with a strategy that with so many valued picks/players they could afford too "offload" at least one back home and end up with on average 2 1st rnd picks each draft right through too the present.
Now all this smoke in regards too Baker/Bolton/Rioli/Short lets just say we get 6 1st rnd picks for all 4.Add too the 5 top 30's from 21 draft plus Gibcus/TT & Hopper there is your core 13 or so that is the similar number too GWS.
So in say 2026 we are in the position to do what GWS has been doing and "offload" a player who is a player who we can afford to lose and have 2 1st rnd picks each season to keep rejuvenating the list on the run.

Normally agree but with Tasmania coming in how will the draft concessions they get affect the order?? Will the two forst rounders you are suggesting be actually 2nd rounders in a normal year.

If so better loading up on first rounders this year and next

Clarke will have to spilt pick 3 and get a pick we will be happy with.
Pick 3 is too much but pick 12 isn't enough.
The WC supporters get angry very easily.

WCE should trade 3 to Freo for two of their first rounders

Or Rioli goes and we get 2 first rounders and WCE give us 3 for Baker and one of the Suns firsts

Normally agree but with Tasmania coming in how will the draft concessions they get affect the order?? Will the two forst rounders you are suggesting be actually 2nd rounders in a normal year.

If so better loading up on first rounders this year and next
Well thats in the lap of the AFL in regards to what type of concessions Tassie get.But i'd imagine they can trade their concessions for a mature player.And if that player so happens from our lets say best 25 then we'd still get market value.
But my point is this years trade/Draft could be what Benny described a fews years ago as the master plan to keep us up there year in year out ala Cats & Swans.

Reactions: 1 user
got a source at club that is very close to a bunch of the players and his mail is usually spot on.
Baker is no certainty to go, he's 50/50..I know fence sitting at it's finest but he genuinely loves the club and the players and isn't home sick at all.
If he goes it's purely for the money. With Dan Rioli/Bolton.. not going anywhere, will not leave the club 100%.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Any news on who we are trading Meehan too ? Askin for a friend ..................
Dr Frankenstein is looking for an assistant.
Its Alive Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
got a source at club that is very close to a bunch of the players and his mail is usually spot on.
Baker is no certainty to go, he's 50/50..I know fence sitting at it's finest but he genuinely loves the club and the players and isn't home sick at all.
If he goes it's purely for the money. With Dan Rioli/Bolton.. not going anywhere, will not leave the club 100%.
Who is the saurce let me guess cant say lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Wreck it ralphy just asked Bucks is Baker worth pick 3.
Buckley said he loves the way Baker goes about it and he would be leader at the club.
Maybe spilt the pick into 2.

Wreck it ralphy just asked Bucks is Baker worth pick 3.
Buckley said he loves the way Baker goes about it and he would be leader at the club.
Maybe spilt the pick into 2.

I didn't think they would do that BUT if they did, I'd be after 1 of GC's picks (with our later picks especially if Graham leaves) and use that as part of the deal. Maybe Pick 8 and Baker for Pick 3 and 2025 2nd, then use their future 2nd and our future 2nd, and take GC's other 1st rounder. Go to the draft with Picks 1,3 and 9. Maybe we can get 2 of FOS, Draper or Smith and Lalor / Langford / Trainor / Allan / Reid / Hotton with the 3rd pick. That would be a hell of a trio to take in our down year.

Looking at value I think we can do that if Graham leaves (end of 2nd or 3rd round pick) and bundle up all picks from 34 down to 57. Its about 300 points gain for GC. Keep Pick 21.

Go to the draft with 1, 3, 9, 21 and a couple very late to match a Lockwood bid. Take the best tall with Pick 21 (which will end up about 25).

Who is the saurce let me guess cant say lol.
People know people. Years ago I knew Gary Ablett was going to GC before just about anybody cos my mates wife knew the wife of a GC player that had been over for dinner. 100% true story.

WCE should trade 3 to Freo for two of their first rounders

Or Rioli goes and we get 2 first rounders and WCE give us 3 for Baker and one of the Suns firsts
The question for me is do Freo want pick 3 or in a very even draft at the top end are they better off with 2 picks in the top 10? Personally I would be leaning towards keeping the 2 picks.
The other thing is that Freo want Baker as well, why would they help the Eagles out?
I think the Eagles will have pick 2 btw not pick 3, not that it makes that much difference.

People know people. Years ago I knew Gary Ablett was going to GC before just about anybody cos my mates wife knew the wife of a GC player that had been over for dinner. 100% true story.
The fact that you are trying to reaffirm your statement by saying it's a true story generally speaking is a sign of a lie

The fact that you are trying to reaffirm your statement by saying it's a true story generally speaking is a sign of a lie
You haven't been around here long to know but jukes has been around a long time and often adds inside info that is valued here.

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't think they would do that BUT if they did, I'd be after 1 of GC's picks (with our later picks especially if Graham leaves) and use that as part of the deal. Maybe Pick 8 and Baker for Pick 3 and 2025 2nd, then use their future 2nd and our future 2nd, and take GC's other 1st rounder. Go to the draft with Picks 1,3 and 9. Maybe we can get 2 of FOS, Draper or Smith and Lalor / Langford / Trainor / Allan / Reid / Hotton with the 3rd pick. That would be a hell of a trio to take in our down year.

Looking at value I think we can do that if Graham leaves (end of 2nd or 3rd round pick) and bundle up all picks from 34 down to 57. Its about 300 points gain for GC. Keep Pick 21.

Go to the draft with 1, 3, 9, 21 and a couple very late to match a Lockwood bid. Take the best tall with Pick 21 (which will end up about 25).
You guys are brilliant with how you think things can pan out. Great knowledge.

We need as many picks under 20 this year as possible and then we need a Rozee/Butters results we cannot a afford a Reid/Perkins Combo.

I hesitate in trading future picks.
We have enough this year to stock up on picks. Baker and Rioli can and should give us a minimum 2 picks under 15 or 3 picks under 20