Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Well we won’t get Elliot Yeo as a swap for Cannonballs. Not that it was ever contemplated. :LOL:
3 year $2m deal for Yeo apparently. Yeo turns 31 on October 1.
WC probably haven’t too many big names to pay now. But after his last few seasons riffled with injury, it’s a gamble. 48 games in the last 5 seasons for Yeo.

Reactions: 1 users
If Shai is in talks with another team 1 yr into a long term contract, he’s gone!! He’s gone cause he wants to or he’s gone cause we tell him to pack his bags. All in or pizz off
He ll be gone when we tell him he’s gone ,,,,means fa remember blues courted papley, Sean Darcy , dunkley to ess , has had plenty of admirers too, a contract puts a huge price generally a prohibitive one

Reactions: 1 users
Thinking about what Gale said a few years ago about plans too keep the team in the fight similar too Cats(Words too effect).
GWS came into the comp and had 11 1st rnd picks in their 1st draft.
2-3 yrs on they came up with a strategy that with so many valued picks/players they could afford too "offload" at least one back home and end up with on average 2 1st rnd picks each draft right through too the present.
Now all this smoke in regards too Baker/Bolton/Rioli/Short lets just say we get 6 1st rnd picks for all 4.Add too the 5 top 30's from 21 draft plus Gibcus/TT & Hopper there is your core 13 or so that is the similar number too GWS.
So in say 2026 we are in the position to do what GWS has been doing and "offload" a player who is a player who we can afford to lose and have 2 1st rnd picks each season to keep rejuvenating the list on the run.

He hates the English language.

DS
Which, Wich, Witch.
To, Too, Two.
Ate, Eight.
Meet, Meat.
No, Know.
Mold, Mould.
I think you'll be getting my drift here Dave, but who's the idiot that doesn't hate the English language????

Thinking about what Gale said a few years ago about plans too keep the team in the fight similar too Cats(Words too effect).
GWS came into the comp and had 11 1st rnd picks in their 1st draft.
2-3 yrs on they came up with a strategy that with so many valued picks/players they could afford too "offload" at least one back home and end up with on average 2 1st rnd picks each draft right through too the present.
Now all this smoke in regards too Baker/Bolton/Rioli/Short lets just say we get 6 1st rnd picks for all 4.Add too the 5 top 30's from 21 draft plus Gibcus/TT & Hopper there is your core 13 or so that is the similar number too GWS.
So in say 2026 we are in the position to do what GWS has been doing and "offload" a player who is a player who we can afford to lose and have 2 1st rnd picks each season to keep rejuvenating the list on the run.
Interesting thoughts DD_D. Reckon only 2 of the 5 make it at best. Would keep the 4 unless the go home was too strong for Bakes.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Interesting thoughts DD_D. Reckon only 2 of the 5 make it at best. Would keep the 4 unless the go home was too strong for Bakes.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
Your probably right 2/5 but hoping for 3.
Well where there's smoke.
I mean why was it that cameras were at the Airport when Dan was up there?Dusty you could understand but Rioli? Unless they were tipped off for a reason.

Reactions: 1 user
Could be just using the WA clubs to get more money out of us, ie. never leaving.
Very clever by 'ole Big Balls Bakes.

Also how does this news break?
Tom Morris stuck up a tree with his phone?

Was there vision of him visiting oppo?

Looks a canny operator (despite appearances) our smiling Balls scraper!

Bakes virtually 'let it slip' when talking pre-game with the Ch 7 commentators. BT said you look freezing cold in this weather and Bakes responded something like "well I'm a WA boy and not used to cold weather".....hint or what!

See ya Bakes. Thanks for your time.

Not saying he’s checked out - but at times he played a bit like that
Unlike Rioli who put in 100% at all times

Reactions: 3 users
Lazy walking around the G with his mate Bolton today..not realky intetested in hard running to defend.
His done at tigerland .

Love Bakes as he's a heart and soul player, but does he affect games enough to justify what will be close to or over 1 mil a season?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users