Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

His mind is on West Coast with swap for Harley who aint happy flogging his ass around Perth. Baker has three premiership medals so time to go home. Watch this space.

I've heard it said that we overrate our own players but this is a whole new level of stupidity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I think Baker is an ideal one to trade out.
If a club is willing to give up a top 10 pick for him take it and run.
People talk about him being there for the next go at it. He turns 27 in January. Just how quick do people think we are going to turn this train around.

What does he do to an elite level? Not a thing. He does most things reasonably well. He is courageous and always gives 100% but what else is there?
He is versatile in the sense that he is okay in most roles but not great in any.

He is not super quick, Generally speaking he is not a big possession getter, his kicking is average, he has not really dominated as a mid but he competes.
His size limits his impact.

He does not win a lot of clearances generally but has at times had good games in this.He is not a huge tackling machine but again has had good numbers in this at times.
He has decent numbers in contested possession.

As i said he seems to do most things well or okay but he is not elite or even a B grade in some things.

As tiger supporters we all love him but i really do think we overrate him.

So we keep him the question is. Is he a better mid than most of our mids? where is he in that pecking order? Where will he be in a few years time after we draft quality mids? Ithink he is expendable as a mid.

Okay lots argue his best role is back so who is he going to play in front of. Rioli Vlastuin and Broad are shoe ins. Do we play him in front of Trezise,Smith, Banks Brown we have to get games into these kids at some stage.
In the scheme of things i would argue he is superfluous to needs going forward.

Hmm a top 10 pick. Given where we are at again id take it and run.
What about pick 12 and 24 for Baker and 34 or some sort of pick swap along those lines.

Now where has the body armour and helmet got too.
After reading that we should be happy if we can get pick 75 for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
How the *smile* do we rebuild keeping everyone? Hello west coast tigers
There's 13 players older than Baker, 17 older than Bolton, so pretty easy. Hopper is older than Baker, Taranto the same age and there were just recruited. If choosing one Baker is far more replacable than Bolton. Bolton is also contracted to 2028, Baker is not. What sort of message does that send in the future to attracting players to the club if your happy to push out a contracted player 4 years early?

Marlion Pickett is coming of two shizen seasons. He turns 33 in january and his best role is a role where we have our fair share of kids demanding a game.

He may not have been useless but he has become pretty darn ordinary over the last few seasons.
We need to delist. There is no long term future with him.
Please refer to what I was replying to.

His mind is on West Coast with swap for Harley who aint happy flogging his ass around Perth. Baker has three premiership medals so time to go home. Watch this space.
How good would that be. Harley and a top 2 draft pick. Midfield sorted. But Harley can't leave West Coke for another 2 years. .

unless west coke accept baker bolton and graham for reid which they wont its not worth us chasing
Id rather try for 3 picks inside top 10 and grab Smille Langford and armstrong

I’d be perfectly happy to help fund Blair’s statue if he swaps Bakes for Harley Reid.

Someone will have to fish Matt Clarke out of The Swan though.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Small. Untidy. Goes quiet too often.

Courageous. Great clubman. Leader.

Overrated.

Other clubs will be silly and Blair should be lapping it up.

Overrated.

I agree in part to all the comments.
The talk of the contracts on offer are ludicrous.
If clubs are so desperate than we should definitely be making the most of the situation.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree in part to all the comments.
The talk of the contracts on offer are ludicrous.
If clubs are so desperate than we should definitely be making the most of the situation.
Absolutely.

When you have a couple of motivated buyers that are willing to pay overs for a B grader, you must take advantage of the situation.

I know that Hopper was a contracted player, but in some ways that situation is similar to the Baker one.

Reactions: 1 user

Overrated.

Inspirational. Sets non negotiable standards with his attack on the footy that others can follow. Ultra competitive beast of a man despite his stature. Priceless intangible qualities!

Reactions: 3 users