Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

That's not a great sign if Shai is meeting with the WA clubs with four years to go on his contract. You can understand Bakes seeing he is out of contract.
Don't let him go, He is contracted. F them!
And if Baker meant up with WC, play him in the 2's for the rest of the year.

Reactions: 1 user
Mitch Cleary one of the more accurate reporters, so I think if Bakes is willing to meet up with WC then he's gone IMO.

And if Shai want to go to Freo, then we make them pay through the nose.

Reactions: 1 users
That's not a great sign if Shai is meeting with the WA clubs with four years to go on his contract. You can understand Bakes seeing he is out of contract.
Might not want to play in a crap side for the next 4 years after the good life on the gravy train since he arrived for the start of the dynasty.

The WA teams will have been in his ear constantly and even moreso now, Shai could have his head turned.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't care. Take Pickett home too. Just get the right players who want to play for us.

View attachment 23196
So how come you're suddenly throwing Picketts name into an article about Baker n Bolton???? How does it suddenly come about that Pickett doesn't want to play for us????
It's professional sport FFS. All players need to get the best possible career outcomes for the limited time that they have within the game, regardless of whether that's career longevity, financial, success, eventually going back home or whatever. These blokes have all been dragged away from home n family for the career opportunity of playing their footy at the highest level. They've also all been integral to those outrageously successful drought breaking years that us fans have been fortunate enough to revel in over the last few years. What the *smile* is with disparaging these blokes all of a sudden?????
Right now as a club we're in the position that another bout of finals success is probably not available in the near future, so if blokes like Bakes, Shai or whoever are thinking maybe about home n family or even simply one last big fat pay cheque to see out the end of their footy careers then good luck to them.
Do a deal, get the best new talent option we can for the task of trading them, refresh n start again, but always be grateful for the effort, work and enjoyment that these people have brought us. That is after all what the whole structure of sporting competition is about in the first place, generation after generation of developing talent and elite competition. Otherwise we'd still have old Jack Dyer, Skinny Titus n Mopsy Fraser leading us every year.

So how come you're suddenly throwing Picketts name into an article about Baker n Bolton???? How does it suddenly come about that Pickett doesn't want to play for us????
It's professional sport FFS. All players need to get the best possible career outcomes for the limited time that they have within the game, regardless of whether that's career longevity, financial, success, eventually going back home or whatever. These blokes have all been dragged away from home n family for the career opportunity of playing their footy at the highest level. They've also all been integral to those outrageously successful drought breaking years that us fans have been fortunate enough to revel in over the last few years. What the *smile* is with disparaging these blokes all of a sudden?????
Right now as a club we're in the position that another bout of finals success is probably not available in the near future, so if blokes like Bakes, Shai or whoever are thinking maybe about home n family or even simply one last big fat pay cheque to see out the end of their footy careers then good luck to them.
Do a deal, get the best new talent option we can for the task of trading them, refresh n start again, but always be grateful for the effort, work and enjoyment that these people have brought us. That is after all what the whole structure of sporting competition is about in the first place, generation after generation of developing talent and elite competition. Otherwise we'd still have old Jack Dyer, Skinny Titus n Mopsy Fraser leading us every year.
Of course we'll be grateful. IMO, Pickett's useless. Proven nothing since the big hype in 2019. Just a utility player but B grade for me.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Mitch Cleary one of the more accurate reporters, so I think if Bakes is willing to meet up with WC then he's gone IMO.

And if Shai want to go to Freo, then we make them pay through the nose.
Doesn’t necessarily mean his gone , players would meet with clubs all the time to see what they have to say/offer etc

Reactions: 3 users
Do you hate paragraphs?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Just a utility player but B grade for me.
I know it seems a bit strange but probably 65% of all teams are made of B and even C grade players, they're the core that give the few A graders a platform to work from n also to provide cover for the few spuds that also get used to fill holes in a team.

Reactions: 5 users
Of course we'll be grateful. IMO, Pickett's useless. Proven nothing since the big hype in 2019. Just a utility player but B grade for me.

Only on Punt Road End can a dual Premiership player be described as "useless", "proven nothing since 2019" 🤣🤣

Reactions: 14 users
Interesting that this report is saying it was just Baker meeting with WC. Normally these type of negotiations would include his manager

That's just silly. He is a dual premiership player btw and apart from anything else played well in the 2020 grand final.

I was reading the Jason Castagna thread and there was a suggestion that one of the reasons he left footy was because of the supporters. It made me think about the language that gets used on this site and others about players and whether they see it.

Whatever you think of Marlion Pickett he is most definitely not useless.

Reactions: 19 users
Without reading the article, is it an opinion piece or what? The writer is of the opinion that they should meet up?

Do West Australians know what an opinion is?
On the West Australian article - It's kind of a insider gossip sort of column.

On June 14 the Snitch had a story that Chad Warner spent Sydney’s bye weekend with his feet up at Perth’s Crown Towers, courtesy of the Fremantle Dockers.

Also in the same article with regards to Fremantle stated- 'I can confirm they are hotly in pursuit of Richmond pair Liam Baker and Shai Bolton.

It’s not just half a crack either. They are contenders in this heavyweight battle.

And good luck to them, they have three first-round draft picks to play with and have a young list that would appeal to any recruit.'

The June 20 article -

'Shai’s everywhere on the footy field and he’s been everywhere on a trip back to his home town of Perth this week, weaving his way through meetings with representatives of West Coast and Fremantle.

Dockers or Eagles fans should not be put off by the fact Bolton is in year one of a five-year deal with the Tigers.

What do contracts mean in these times of lateral trades? Anything is possible in this modern AFL world and Fremantle and West Coast have deep wish lists and even deeper pockets.

Another Tiger with a classy pedigree, Liam Baker has also been back in his native State for casual chats.

The Snitch even believes the words five years were mentioned in Baker’s presence.'

Last edited:
If Shai is in talks with another team 1 yr into a long term contract, he’s gone!! He’s gone cause he wants to or he’s gone cause we tell him to pack his bags. All in or pizz off

Pretty simple if west coke want bolton or baker that's fine get in Reid's ear now, pick 2 and baker and maybe another pick or bolton and pick 2 for reid

Pretty simple if west coke want bolton or baker that's fine get in Reid's ear now, pick 2 and baker and maybe another pick or bolton and pick 2 for reid
Could work out well for us.

One thing I don’t understand is, if Reid did want to return to Victoria would West Coast receive any compensation for losing him? (separate from any deal we strike with them)