Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Fair enough. I do have to question a few of those players you have mentioned as part of our next tilt. 1 x Rioli, Clarke, Young, Ryan, Banks. You also need some AAs in your side. Probably only three I see as potentials atm Bolton, Balta, D Rioli. I think 2 or 3 years of solid recruiting via good draft picks and then another 2 to 3 years before we're possible contenders again. Remembering also you never nail all your draft picks. 4 to 6 years. No need for the aging 6 disposal per game Butler whatsoever.

Its not just about nailing draft picks, but trading as well. Nank, Caddy and Prestria worked well as we all know. But we also brought in players such as Ivan Maric and Troy Chaplin to fill holes while we were rebuilding. Both were good servants

Reactions: 7 users
Its not just about nailing draft picks, but trading as well. Nank, Caddy and Prestria worked well as we all know. But we also brought in players such as Ivan Maric and Troy Chaplin to fill holes while we were rebuilding. Both were good servants
Of course. And you think Butler's the one? I think trading for a ruckman at the right time is a great strategy as we can see how hit and miss recruiting an 18yo and waiting 6 years to see if they're any good can be. Nanks was a masterstroke. Prestia was a top up to an already good side, cost us a bit but made sense in the premiership window. And Caddy was also a great top up pick in the premiership window.

Reactions: 3 users
Of course. And you think Butler's the one? I think trading for a ruckman at the right time is a great strategy as we can see how hit and miss recruiting an 18yo and waiting 6 years to see if they're any good can be. Nanks was a masterstroke. Prestia was a top up to an already good side, cost us a bit but made sense in the premiership window. And Caddy was also a great top up pick in the premiership window.

Moneyball trading is great but Butler's time with us is done. He's peaked already.

Reactions: 6 users
I think people complicate these ideas too much.

If we could get him cheap, Butler would be a great pick up. Premiership hero and established goal kicker/runner.

You wouldn't give up a first round pick for him.

Reactions: 1 user
I think people complicate these ideas too much.

If we could get him cheap, Butler would be a great pick up. Premiership hero and established goal kicker/runner.

You wouldn't give up a first round pick for him.
No complications. Look to the future, not the past. Appreciate his past contribution to the Tigers but now a 2025 uncontracted 28yo fringe player at the Saints. No thank you.

Reactions: 6 users
Tiger71 with bakes staying and captain.
Rioli staying and not even a story
Graham gone.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
After last week's game, I hope that the club doesn't offer too much for him to stay..
Last time we had a player leave and head west we ended up with Ottens.

Seems to have a good source to me. But you do you.
Fair enough and honestly I'd love what he's saying to be true I love bakes and hope he stays I hope they all stay i would hate graham to leave for peanuts I don't think he's had a fair run at it injury wise for 2 years (meehan related most of it). After the heroics of him in 2017 on slone and the preliminary final in 2019 I would hope he remains a tiger for life he has good footy left in him

Reactions: 1 users
Unwritten football lore, if your out of contract star hasn't signed by your midseason bye, he is gone.

If it's not done by our next game, he's gone.

How hard can we squeeze the deal is the question? Cause Saturday was as bad as I've seen him.

Fumbles, missed handbells from a metre, poor workrate, dinky kicks. Can that still get you the highest first rounder and a second from Freo?

Is 2024 Liam Baker the same value of 2023 Lachie *smile*? That's Blair Hartley's challenge.
Its pretty simple.They offer Bakes 700-800k then expect us to ask for what reflection of that offer is in draft picks.

Unwritten football lore, if your out of contract star hasn't signed by your midseason bye, he is gone.

If it's not done by our next game, he's gone.

How hard can we squeeze the deal is the question? Cause Saturday was as bad as I've seen him.

Fumbles, missed handbells from a metre, poor workrate, dinky kicks. Can that still get you the highest first rounder and a second from Freo?

Is 2024 Liam Baker the same value of 2023 Lachie *smile*? That's Blair Hartley's challenge.
Na, that first sentence is off.
Here is a list of our current players re-seining (or draft date)
28-07-22
11-08-22
15-09-23
15-09-23
29-11-22
11-05-23
14-10-23
31-08-17
15-09-23
26-10-23
01-11-23
11-04-24