Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Don't see it with him. Will be too good for VFL but just not good enough for AFL. Cut and try our luck with someone else. He would have been good for the big power forwards but they do not exist anymore. Hawkins was the last of the dying breed. Yeah his hands are good but the Weitering comparisons are way off. Weitering reading of play is elite and not as slow as he is made out to be. Blight would be fantastic for our VFL team

I reckon he deserves a year.

Drop some kilos.

No guarantee Gibcus , Young come back anywhere near ready after knee reco's.

I reckon he has a bit of a kink in his long kicking.

A proper preseason where he gets under 100kg's. I think if he gets to 98 , 99 kg we should see some benefits

Reactions: 4 users
If his 102kg
He needs to get back minimum 90kg
FWIW...........

I lost 8kg in two months (off a 90kg starting point)

It was (TBH) quite easy and I was simply following the science:

- remove sugar, bread and alcohol from diet
- don't eat after 8pm
- don't eat before 10am (and sometimes later)
- start morning with lemon water and/or black coffee
- start your day with cold shower/plunge and then walk 10,000 steps (8km) before brunch
- minimum 5 eggs per day
- maintain progressive resistance (weight) training 4 times per week
- eat 150-200g protein per day (minimise any carbs / pasta / rice etc) lots of chicken breast, lean beef, greek yoghurt, almonds, eggs etc
- 4-5 saunas a week
- sleep 7hrs per nigh (minimum)

The fat will strip away

..... and TBH after the first few weeks of purging the sugar from my system - I lost all cravings for sugar

.... any 'professional' sports persons knows this (and if the objective is to slim down - then there are no excuses)

Cheers,

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
FWIW...........

- don't eat after 8pm
- start your day with cold shower/plunge and then walk 10,000 steps (8km) before brunch
- minimum 5 eggs per day
- eat 150-200g protein per day (minimise any carbs / pasta / rice etc) lots of chicken breast, lean beef, greek yoghurt, almonds, eggs etc
- 4-5 saunas a week

The fat will strip away

..... and TBH after the first few weeks of purging the sugar from my system - I lost all cravings for sugar

.... any 'professional' sports persons knows this (and if the objective is to slim down - then there are no excuses)

Cheers,

I'd rather die. lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
FWIW...........

- don't eat after 8pm
- minimum 5 eggs per day
- 4-5 saunas a week

The fat will strip away

Cheers,

Bloody glad I'm to old to still be into torture n self denial. Maso's been converted to gluttony n self indulgence in his old age, aaannnnd loving it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I’ll drink to that 🍷
Sounds good. Count me in, haha.

(side bar, what's happened to PRE cognac Thread?)

Back on topic.

Geepers, didn't realise the lad was that size.
Footywire has him at 91 kegs.
Good pre-season should fix that.
Persist.

Reactions: 2 users
There’s a bit of Rance like about the way he moves.
Like to see him be given more time.

Sounds good. Count me in, haha.

(side bar, what's happened to PRE cognac Thread?)

Back on topic.

Geepers, didn't realise the lad was that size.
Footywire has him at 91 kegs.
Good pre-season should fix that.
Persist.
I would be saying he is closer to 91kg than 105kg. He is no Tom Hawkins.

Walked passed him Swan st last Saturday, very very similar physique to myself and I’m around 6/4 100 kegs , give or take.

Did see Lefau in the London just after , they dead set used a hammer and chisel carving out that unit

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Walked passed him Swan st last Saturday, very very similar physique to myself and I’m around 6/4 100 kegs , give or take.

Did see Lefau in the London just after , they dead set used a hammer and chisel carving out that unit
We shouldn't be discussing Blight's weight. It could be upsetting for him or others.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
I’d be fine with two years, as I would have been with Gray & Green too. Give them a proper timeframe to develop.

Especially as Ryan was given three!!
One year's enough for unproven players. We'll need to turn a few players over so let's see how desperate they are to make it.

I think Blight will get another gig.

Reactions: 1 user