Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

FWIW...........

I lost 8kg in two months (off a 90kg starting point)

It was (TBH) quite easy and I was simply following the science:

- minimum 5 eggs per day
Careful with all those eggs, could increase your chance of getting bird flu.

FWIW...........

- remove sugar, bread and alcohol from diet
- don't eat after 8pm
- don't eat before 10am (and sometimes later)
- start morning with lemon water and/or black coffee
- start your day with cold shower/plunge and then walk 10,000 steps (8km) before brunch
- minimum 5 eggs per day
- maintain progressive resistance (weight) training 4 times per week
- eat 150-200g protein per day (minimise any carbs / pasta / rice etc) lots of chicken breast, lean beef, greek yoghurt, almonds, eggs etc
- 4-5 saunas a week
- sleep 7hrs per nigh (minimum)

The fat will strip away

..... and TBH after the first few weeks of purging the sugar from my system - I lost all cravings for sugar

.... any 'professional' sports persons knows this (and if the objective is to slim down - then there are no excuses)

Cheers,

You left out the most important element.
Energy in, energy out. You must go into calorie deficit to lose weight. That’s 80% of the equation.
The above routine you mention is ideal for stripping fat but gaining lean muscle if you’re combining it with weight training and a high protein diet. Therefore you may not lose a lot of weight depending on your existing body composition because you’re simultaneously gaining muscle which weighs more than fat.
Would need to know his existing skin folds to work out how much fat he has to lose but to my eye he looks muscular already and might just have a big frame.

Reactions: 1 user
FWIW...........

- remove sugar, bread and alcohol from diet
- don't eat after 8pm
- don't eat before 10am (and sometimes later)
- start morning with lemon water and/or black coffee
- start your day with cold shower/plunge and then walk 10,000 steps (8km) before brunch
- minimum 5 eggs per day
- maintain progressive resistance (weight) training 4 times per week
- eat 150-200g protein per day (minimise any carbs / pasta / rice etc) lots of chicken breast, lean beef, greek yoghurt, almonds, eggs etc
- 4-5 saunas a week
- sleep 7hrs per nigh (minimum)

The fat will strip away

..... and TBH after the first few weeks of purging the sugar from my system - I lost all cravings for sugar

.... any 'professional' sports persons knows this (and if the objective is to slim down - then there are no excuses)

Cheers,

Sounds good. My biggest problem is eating after 8pm with doing a diet.

Re-signed.

Hopefully all the chicken little commentary about our list management not having any idea and about wastage delisting someone or losing to the Weagles can stop.

Have some faith people.

Reactions: 15 users
Re-signed.

Hopefully all the chicken little commentary about our list management not having any idea and about wastage delisting someone or losing to the Weagles can stop.

Have some faith people.
A few nappies will be changed on the news

Reactions: 2 users
Re-signed.

Have some faith people.
One year is ok. We'll get a good look at him after an AFL preseason. Not sure his disposal is AFL standard but he's got some good attributes. We get a good look at him.

Reactions: 4 users
His kicking skills were what worried me most. Great mark but disposal was very shaky. I don’t think that’s going to stand up at AFL level.
I remember saying the same thing about Broady. Could not see how his kicking action would hold up but it did.

Reactions: 1 users
Good news he did enough in several areas to warrant a chance to improve in others. I would keep him in front of Young despite his short comings.

The question that now needs asking do we go all the way and take a kpd in the nd with a good pick. A good pick in this draft is 30 and down. Or do we back in the kpd's we have.

In order our best Kpd's atm well there is two and then a bit of daylight.

Gibcus - This kid can play just needs a break from the injury gods.
Balta - He gives us the other quality kpd that we need despite still needing to work on areas.

Miller - Well he is still not there yet imo!!!. He is 25 and we have had him for 7 years. Imo still has strength confidence and 1v1 issues and when he's poor he is very poor. But he does have great attributes for the game. Time is running out imo and what we see now may be what we will get.

Blight - Well sort of like Miller but only been there 5 minutes does need to work hard on pace agility and maybe kicking. If he can improve these things by just 20% we may have a very solid player. He is very good in the air and reads the ball in flight pretty well.

Young - to cut it short im just not a fan. Poor in the air and also like Blight lacks in pace agility, Good at vfl level but not enough for afl imo. He has just turned 26 or will do in a day.

Given Gibcus injury run do we go for another piece of quality. Trainor would be there at 9 and there are others rated fairly well right thru the rest of the draft.

One i missed out was Bauer he is a genuine utility imo. I dont classify him as a kpp but a third tall more like your Grimes.
Grimes didnt often get asked to play on the big boys but smaller talls and mediums. He could play kpd if we need him to. This could be Bauer
but he sure needs to get more involved in games and he needs quite simply to find more of the ball. Pace Strength and motor need work.

Good news he did enough in several areas to warrant a chance to improve in others. I would keep him in front of Young despite his short comings.

The question that now needs asking do we go all the way and take a kpd in the nd with a good pick. A good pick in this draft is 30 and down. Or do we back in the kpd's we have.

Balta - He gives us the other quality kpd that we need despite still needing to work on areas.

Miller - Well he is still not there yet imo!!!. He is 25 and we have had him for 7 years. Imo still has strength confidence and 1v1 issues and when he's poor he is very poor. But he does have great attributes for the game. Time is running out imo and what we see now may be what we will get.

Blight - Well sort of like Miller but only been there 5 minutes does need to work hard on pace agility and maybe kicking. If he can improve these things by just 20% we may have a very solid player. He is very good in the air and reads the ball in flight pretty well.

Young - to cut it short im just not a fan. Poor in the air and also like Blight lacks in pace agility, Good at vfl level but not enough for afl imo. He has just turned 26 or will do in a day.

Given Gibcus injury run do we go for another piece of quality. Trainor would be there at 9 and there are others rated fairly well right thru the rest of the draft.

One i missed out was Bauer he is a genuine utility imo. I dont classify him as a kpp but a third tall more like your Grimes.
Grimes didnt often get asked to play on the big boys but smaller talls and mediums. He could play kpd if we need him to. This could be Bauer
but he sure needs to get more involved in games and he needs quite simply to find more of the ball. Pace Strength and motor need work.
Good summary

I really like Bauer as a 3rd forward. He would be a hard match up if he isn’t attracting a KPD.

Good to see the club keeping him for another year to see how he grows. Probably not on big bucks so it will not cost us and with a good preseason coaching he may surprise his many doubters.

Reactions: 1 users

Tough one. I think key forward is our achilles heel. It appears to me that Ryan will be a ruck or bust. Lynch is virtually done, sits at 199cm. Kosi 196cm and I think bust eventually. Then Lefau 194cm and Bauer 192cm. The younger KP forwards seem to be getting taller. 200cm isn't uncommon now. What's available of height in the draft?