Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

Big kid. Looks a player. Positive is that with him Gibcus and Miller we don’t have to use draft picks on key defenders for a while.

Reactions: 4 users
Plenty to work with. I hope we persist with giving him games for the rest of the year. Will be better after a full AFL preseason.

Reactions: 1 users
Big kid. Looks a player. Positive is that with him Gibcus and Miller we don’t have to use draft picks on key defenders for a while.
Gibcus? Let him play a game 1st
Miller isn't Astbury after 1 good game
And all if sudden a 1 gamer can stop us drafting tall kids.

***we need Talls that can mark and intercept

Reactions: 1 user
Didn’t look overawed. Didn’t look star struck. Didn’t look slow.

Not calling it yet but we have someone to watch the rest of the year.

Key Position players are hard to find.

Reactions: 8 users
Didn’t look overawed. Didn’t look star struck. Didn’t look slow.

Not calling it yet but we have someone to watch the rest of the year.

Key Position players are hard to find.
The other Bloke Gray could be even better.

Reactions: 4 users
I reckon we've found a beauty.

Moreso than his game yesterday, which was an excellent debut, I am most impressed with his drive, attitude and maturity. Strikes me as someone that will maximize his talents and leave no stone unturned in his preparation and on game day.

In time he could well take the roll of the great Dave Astbury, both the position he plays and as the driver of standards and culture at the club.

Reactions: 2 users
MSD is a major major benefit for rebuilding sides. Been lots of good picks come through recently. Bottom of the ladder aint fun but this is gonna speed up the process if you get it right and it seems weve done ok so far.

Gibcus? Let him play a game 1st
Miller isn't Astbury after 1 good game
And all if sudden a 1 gamer can stop us drafting tall kids.

***we need Talls that can mark and intercept
Agree Ziggster. Miller has a few things in his favour though. He is quick and has athleticism.
Being played in one position, his right position and being left there has seen much improvement.
Definately a better player than young and should be Better than Astbury in time.

Miller, Gibcus, Blight, Young, Bauer, with Balta if needed. There is an option to also play Kossie down back and see what he has to offer there. Gray also has played as a defender.

Bauer could concievably play Grimes role as a sort of third tall he is excellent in the air. Moves pretty well too.

Gibcus okay he needs some continuity but what he has shown to date is excellence in the air. Blight also looks to have very good mitts and has showed it at WAFL and VFL levels.

Lets target talls and mids but key forwards if possible. We still need to find a high quality junior to replace Lynch and i don't think Kossie is a long term answer. Who knows.

Not at all a criticism, however saw a bit of Post about Blight , thought dosent seem to lack any speed a few were worried about
Not quick in legspeed but read the ball really early which allows him to get to the spot. He and Miller were extremely solid down back.
Their two oponent AA forwards only kicked 4.2 and had 22 possessions between them. Miller and Blight had 25 possessions between themselves.

Reactions: 2 users
Not quick in legspeed but read the ball really early which allows him to get to the spot. He and Miller were extremely solid down back.
Their two oponent AA forwards only kicked 4.2 and had 22 possessions between them. Miller and Blight had 25 possessions between themselves.
I think his actual leg speed may be a tad underrated mate , may not be Grimes quick but think he may have a yard on DTLD